Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Question Re: jgulinosports Getty Photos

Hi guys ... does anyone have a contact that has access to the Getty Images database? I need to get a handful of photos in various sizes (8x10s, 11x14s, 16x20s, etc.) by early next week.

Thanks ...

Question Getty Image photos ... need a contact

Hi guys ... does anyone have a contact that has access to the Getty Images database? I need to get a handful of photos in various sizes (8x10s, 11x14s, 16x20s, etc.) by early next week.

Thanks ...

Re: jgulinosports Getty Photos

I heard that this contact is no longer available...

RK

Hello Everyone,

I understand that this topic will likely come up periodically on the forum given there will be new members who may not be aware of GUU's stance regarding the reselling of Getty images. For those who are not familiar with our policy, I am re-posting below a previous post I made on the subject:

I have spoken to Getty Images directly about individuals attempting to resell Getty Images to our members. As per that conversation, I have been informed that Getty Images does not give authorization for this type of activity. Therefore, I deleted an earlier message on this forum where the poster proposed they can offer such a service. That post, and others similar to it, will remain off this site unless the poster can provide us with evidence of authorization from Getty Images.

In addition, since Game Used Universe does not condone the unauthorized distribution of licensed properties, all future posts regarding the resale of Getty Images will be deleted from this site. Now that Getty Images has made this point clear, while individuals can certainly make their our choice of purchasing anything they want in the open market, any unauthorized purchase of licensed materials will have to be done outside of Game Used Universe.

Please feel free to post your comments here or email me directly if you have any questions about this issue.

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier
    CEO - Game Used Universe

Re: Getty Image photos ... need a contact

Quote Originally Posted by LambeauLeap.com View Post

Thanks ...
    Hello Everyone,

I understand that this topic will likely come up periodically on the forum given there will be new members who may not be aware of GUU's stance regarding the reselling of Getty images. For those who are not familiar with our policy, I am re-posting below a previous post I made on the subject:

I have spoken to Getty Images directly about individuals attempting to resell Getty Images to our members. As per that conversation, I have been informed that Getty Images does not give authorization for this type of activity. Therefore, I deleted an earlier message on this forum where the poster proposed they can offer such a service. That post, and others similar to it, will remain off this site unless the poster can provide us with evidence of authorization from Getty Images.

In addition, since Game Used Universe does not condone the unauthorized distribution of licensed properties, all future posts regarding the resale of Getty Images will be deleted from this site. Now that Getty Images has made this point clear, while individuals can certainly make their our choice of purchasing anything they want in the open market, any unauthorized purchase of licensed materials will have to be done outside of Game Used Universe.

Please feel free to post your comments here or email me directly if you have any questions about this issue.

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier
    CEO - Game Used Universe

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier
    CEO - Game Used Universe

Thanks for the update, Chris. Besides PhotoFile photos, are there any other resources/sources for sports photographs for autograph collecting?

Unhappy Re: jgulinosports Getty Photos

Quote Originally Posted by sandman02910 View Post
    Has anyone had any recent contact with Jay of jgulinosports.com. I received my first order from him about a month ago and everything was fantastic. I have been trying to email him for about 10 days to place another order but have not received a response. Does anyone know the best way to contact him.
    Thanks
    Scott Sawyer
    I received an email from Jay about 5-6 weeks ago stating that it had been a pleasure doing business with everyone and he was extremely sorry but he was completely DONE providing these photos. He was very thankful to everyone but he was finished! This was very upsetting to me! He did great work and was always kind to me. It will be tough to find the same quality service, Not good!!

Quote Originally Posted by NEfootballguy View Post
    I received an email from Jay about 5-6 weeks ago stating that it had been a pleasure doing business with everyone and he was extremely sorry but he was completely DONE providing these photos. He was very thankful to everyone but he was finished! This was very upsetting to me! He did great work and was always kind to me. It will be tough to find the same quality service, Not good!!
    Hmmm ... definitely not good. Have you found an alternative database for sports photos? Getty Images has awesome photos - it's a shame that exclusive rights to an image costs hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

If you want to get an SI cover in a 16x20 from SIPictures.com, they're $400 a piece.

Any help on alternative sources for photos would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LambeauLeap.com View Post
    Hmmm ... definitely not good. Have you found an alternative database for sports photos? Getty Images has awesome photos - it's a shame that exclusive rights to an image costs hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

If you want to get an SI cover in a 16x20 from SIPictures.com, they're $400 a piece.

Any help on alternative sources for photos would be much appreciated.
    Try sicovers.com

They have a good selection of covers for 19.99

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    Try sicovers.com

They have a good selection of covers for 19.99
    I've used them before. The only downside is that you can only get 8x10s and the players are limited.

I do know some collectors enlarge a mint (no address label) SI to 16x20 sometimes using the actual magazine. I have yet to do it. The quality is probably not as good buying them directly from SIPictures.com though.