Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Getty Images

Re: getty question

Thanks for the help. I emailed Getty and they called me shortly after. I tried to turn off my explorer/google popup blocker and I was still having problems. What they suggested was to turn off the popup blocker on Norton Internet Security. This worked- I am still able to keep my explorer/google blocker on w/o any problems.

Question regarding Getty Images

I was wondering how you can "buy" images from GI, Corbis, etc. I have some game worns and would like to include pictures of that particular player wearing my jersey. The pictures would be small and would not be distributed. I did a dry run to find out how much a picture would cost and Getty came back with a charge of $220 with the assumption i would be using the picture for mass print. This question does not just relate to GI, but for all similar services. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.

Roger

Re: Question regarding Getty Images

$220? That's it? When I tried to buy a photo they wanted $1800,lol

Yeah, how did you get it to be just $220? Please let me know the exact options you selected because my request came out to like $2200. Ridiculous I tell ya. I tried to write them to explain what I want and why, asking them for a price. And this is what I don't understand, I got no response! I mean ifyou are a business, you would think you would respond if someone is inquiring to buy a product. Anyways, they suck.

You can still "save picture as" but the getty images logo will just be over the photo.

This service has never been for the general public you must remember . Getty, Corbis etc. are out there to provide images for the media and nothing else. MeiGray does have a deal with Getty to provide images for there NHL deal, but it's not cheap.

Hi everybody,

PJK, I respectfully disagree with your assertion that our pricing "it's not cheap." If you are going to make that claim, you ought to have presented our pricing structure so collectors can decide for themselves.

Yes, we have a deal with Getty to make photo-matches available for the NHL jerseys we sell.

Pricing is scaled based on the value of the jersey.

Prices are as follows for photos of jerseys purchased through MeiGray:
    $35 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $495 or less.
    $50 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $500-$695.
    $75 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $700-$2,495.
    $100 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $2,500 or more.

Prices are as follows for photos of jerseys not purchased through MeiGray:
    $100 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $1,495 or less.
    $150 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $1,500-$2,495.
    $200 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $2,500-$3,995.
    $250 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $4,000 or more.

We believe that pricing structure is very reasonable considering:

1. Getty services the media, not individual consumers; and
    2. A photographic letter of authenticity with rock-solid photo match significantly enhances the value of any game-worn jersey; and
    3. This service includes lifetime registration into the MeiGrade System. Collectors have come to use the MeiGrade System database to ensure the jerseys they are buying on the secondary market are legit.

A good example was the game-issued Arod discussed recently on this Forum. It was sold in the secondary market as game-used. Had the purchaser checked before buying it, the purchaser would have learned that the jersey was game-issued, and not game-used as claimed by a dealer who did not forward the MGS paperwork but replaced it with a factually incorrect letter of authenticity.

As has been discussed here before, MeiGray defines photo-match as an exact match of the exact jersey based on physical evidence found on the photo, and on the jersey (stick marks, tears, imperfections, dirt stains, etc).

We signed a deal with Getty to service collectors of game-worn hockey jerseys through our NHL-MeiGray partnership. If there is enough interest from members on this Forum, I will look into Getty's interest in allowing us to offer collectors single-use purchasing opportunities of photo-matches.

Let me know,
    Thanks,

Barry

Banned

Barry and fellow Forum Readers-

Barry notes that there may be an opportunity to purchase non-NHL photos if the demand is great enough. Folks, this is an unreal opportunity and I for one would love to have a chance to purchase several photos that perfectly match quite a few of my Phillies jerseys.

Barry, put my name on the top of the list and let me know when I can send you my first request.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

I don't see why you feel that there should be two tiers of pricing. More people would be interested if not for the high prices of non-purchased MeiGray jerseys.

Count me in as someone who would be very excited about the opportunity to purchase images from Getty at a more reasonable price. About 3 months ago I purchased 2 images from them, and I ended up paying just over $200 each (for personal use, NOT for publication). If you are trying to buy a photo that matches up with a $250 jersey, it's probably not worth it - but for gloves, bats, and jerseys that are more valuable, paying $100 or so for a photo is very reasonable.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!