Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

Thread: RIP Kobe

RIP Kobe

Shocked saddened and tragic. All worse as his 13 year old daughter was on plane
    i met Kobe the first time when he was 17 when his dad brought him to my office and told him I was the man who was going to put him on his first basketball card( and I did, 1996 Classic).
    A big loss for the world today

RIP Mamba.

It's been reported earlier today that Kobe's #24 jersey will be retired...by the Dallas Mavericks, as a tribute.

Dave Miedema

Before the Pistons-Cavs game on Monday the Pistons wore special black jerseys, all of which had the NOB of "BRYANT" and either #8 or #24. These were worn for pre-game introductions and the pre-game huddle.

Dave Miedema

Philadelphia star Joel Embiid changed numbers for his first game after Kobe's death and wore #24.

Dave Miedema

Also, before that game, the 76ers players participated in warmups wearing #8 or #24 jerseys with BRYANT as the NOB.

Dave Miedema

Tributes to the late Kobe Bryant are beginning in other sports leagues as well.

During warmups before Wednesday evenings Caps-Preds game. Washington superstar Alex Ovechkin wore a special home Caps jersey with "BRYANT 24"

The jersey has now been autographed by Ovechkin and will be auctioned at an unspecified future date. Proceeds will go to the Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation.

Dave Miedema

Before their 1/31 game at home against Portland, the Lakers jersey sported a Kobe Bryant memoriam patch, to be worn the rest of the season.

Dave Miedema