Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Gocrazyfolks76 was 2000
    well on way t 2500

Super Moderator
    Because I collect a large variety of items and I also like to resell items... I'm comfortable bidding on a large # of items on the first night. I very rarely win an item for a bid I place on the first night, but I don't place bids I'm not willing to fulfill. Placing a bid insures that I have a bid in on the item and can make a run at it in extended bidding. My other strategy is to place multiple bids on items I really want. I place initial bids and then additional max bids. This allows me to place multiple bids quickly. I watch recently placed bids (sort by most recent bid) and start bidding when I feel a mile marker is near. Then I start hammering items I am interested in. In this auction I bid on 36 items, I believe, prior to Ken telling me I was #200. (With many multiple bids on those 36 items.) So, in reality, I probably placed 50-60 of the bids within the first 200 overall bids. Yes, if you do that consistently, you win the contest. I feel a lot of bidders wait until the higher payouts. I just start at the beginning and keep trying.
    As a side note, Ken often contacts me to find out a GUU member's name, so I know there have been lots of new winners in seemingly every auction.
    Last edited by dougiedshow; 09-27-2019 at 03:23 PM.