Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

George Blanda Jersey running currently in SCP Auctions

Any thoughts on the Blanda jersey currently running in SCP Auctions? Just want some other opinions before I bid.

Banned
    Can you provide a link?

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Can you provide a link?

Dave Miedema
    Here it is, Dave.

https://catalog.scpauctions.com/1975...-LOT45607.aspx

Banned
    I can't say 100% for sure unless I have it in hand to examine, but it might be the same jersey that I did an LOA on for an auction house a few years ago. The NOB font isn't the normal one for 1975 Raiders home gamers but does look to be very similar to the NOB on Blanda's jersey from this 1975 preseason game photo.

Dave Miedema

Thanks, Dave. Preseason would not be what I would want. Appreciate the heads up. Any thoughts on the Jerry Rice gamer?

https://catalog.scpauctions.com/JAN_...-LOT45565.aspx

Thanks,
    Buc

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I can't say 100% for sure unless I have it in hand to examine, but it might be the same jersey that I did an LOA on for an auction house a few years ago. The NOB font isn't the normal one for 1975 Raiders home gamers but does look to be very similar to the NOB on Blanda's jersey from this 1975 preseason game photo.

Dave Miedema

Banned
    The Riced looks pretty solid, although I'll look it up later to be sure.

As far as the Blanda goes, however the photo having been taken during a preseason game doesn't automatically translate to ONLY having been worn in the preseason. It could well have been worn during the regular season, as well. Back in the mid-1970s, just like in the other major team sports, NFL players didn't have a locker full of jerseys. They probably had 2 of each style, maybe 3 and that was it. Even the superstars didn't get supplied with a high quantity of jerseys then. Before I'd give up on the Blanda I'd suggest checking more photos from 1975 in the regular season to find, if not a pure photomatch, at least a style match focusing on the NOB font used. Good luck.

Dave Miedema