Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Game used Dorsett? No way.

Another Grey Flannel clunker:

https://greyflannelauctions.com/Earl...-LOT41677.aspx

Dorsett never wore that jersey. Ditto any other Cowboy. Dallas only wore that style of jersey for two games in 1981, vs. the Skins and Cardinals. They altered the jerseys mid-season because Danny White had trouble differentiating 88 from 86, so they added blue trim to the numbers to make them stand out better. They wore the "new and improved" jersey later that year @ Baltimore.

Significant problems:

1) The collar is wrong. The real jerseys have a true v-neck where the collar extends beyond the horizontal seam:

Now compare it to the auction jersey:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    2: The nameplate is very wrong. The names on the back of jerseys were thick gray with white trim:

Now compare it to the auction jersey:

Not even close.

Banned
    3) The gray sleeves and uni numbers are riddled with mesh holes. Here's how they actually looked:

The gray on the authentic unis is not perforated by holes. The same cannot be said of the cheap looking Grey Flannel jersey:

Last week, I alerted Grey Flannel to these problems but have received no reply.

Banned
    Gee, that was fast. The jersey has been removed from the auction. Kudos to GF.

Slats7 help???

Hi there - you seem to be quite knowledgeable with regards to Cowboys jerseys. I posted a question in the Auction Item forum concerning a Deion Sanders Cowboys gamer that is listed on ebay. Would you mind taking a look at my post and offering any insight you may have? Thanks much!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cjackson35 View Post
    Hi there - you seem to be quite knowledgeable with regards to Cowboys jerseys. I posted a question in the Auction Item forum concerning a Deion Sanders Cowboys gamer that is listed on ebay. Would you mind taking a look at my post and offering any insight you may have? Thanks much!!!
    Sorry, but I'm only good at spotting fake vintage jerseys (1985 and earlier).