Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have You Ever Seen This Jersey?

Have any of you....ever....seen a PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen game worn jersey? Any team....pro or college.
    ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Hey Joe, been awhile hope all is well. I can't really speak to any USC jerseys but I have never seen a photo matched Raider jersey of his. As we have said before, just not many "legit" out there to begin with. A handful of game issued but VERY few game used.

Thought about you when I saw that Marcus jersey with the crotch piece show up on ebay. I have never seen that before. In all my years and experience collecting vintage raiders, I have only seen crotch pieces on OL/DL. Just don't know what to make of that.

Maybe there is a "photomatchable" jersey of his out there somewhere but I am really starting to doubt it.

Jack

BTW - Don't think I have seen a photomatched KC jersey either. Since I focus on the vintage Raiders I haven't spent the time or energy researching KC jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by JackHE View Post
    Hey Joe, been awhile hope all is well. I can't really speak to any USC jerseys but I have never seen a photo matched Raider jersey of his. As we have said before, just not many "legit" out there to begin with. A handful of game issued but VERY few game used.

Thought about you when I saw that Marcus jersey with the crotch piece show up on ebay. I have never seen that before. In all my years and experience collecting vintage raiders, I have only seen crotch pieces on OL/DL. Just don't know what to make of that.

Maybe there is a "photomatchable" jersey of his out there somewhere but I am really starting to doubt it.

Jack
    Jack, google search "Gridiron Glory Walter Payton" then go to images. Find the game worn jerseys of Payton and Marcus Allen. Look at the bottom of Marcus Allen's jersey. Does that look like a crotch piece jersey to you??

Quote Originally Posted by JackHE View Post

Jack

Hey there buddy. I’m personal friends with Marcus and was with him last week. We talked about his game jerseys and he’s not sure if even he has one. Unbelievably, he’s not sure if he has his Super Bowl jersey.
    ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Yeah, does look like a crotchpiece in that pic - interesting find. Just never seen that before.

Joe, truly a shame if Marcus doesn't have that SB jersey somewhere. Overall, vintage Raider jerseys have been scarce the last few years. I think all the big Raider collectors are hanging on to them.

JE

Hey guys, Marcus Allen's Superbowl jersey should still be in storage in Canton, Ohio. Last time I went to Pro Football of Fame a few years back they only had an early 80s road white version of his on display. I asked one of the employees there if they still had his black game worn Superbowl jersey. That person told me it was in storage and brought out every so often when they rotate jerseys. It might even be the same one that was on the Gridiron Glory tour with all those Hall of Fame items being shown in various cities. The Hall of Fame had Marcus Allen's black Superbowl jersey shown next to Ben Roethlisbergers on the same display area over 10 years ago.

Yeah - when I was there for the 2014 Induction - the Road Marcus was on display with a 49er Fred Dean. The SB jersey should be a permanent display piece.

I'm highly confident I have a game worn photomatched Marcus Allen Los Angeles Raiders 1986-1988 jersey. Check it out on Facebook group : Game worn/issued football jersey collectors- NFL, NCAA, CFL. It is the crotchpiece jersey that was listed on Ebay.

Unfortunately I don't do facebook