Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Derek jeter/Arod Game Used Bat

I acquired a game used Jeter/Arod bat with a damaged PSA sticker & no paperwork. I figured i would take a chance on it. Had a pic of the auction label & could not find anything listed anywhere so was a little skeptical. The sticker looked like a PSA sticker with the red & blue.

Sent the bat back to PSA to have them re-cert the bat and was very happy that it came back graded a GU6. Only took John a few days to get it back to me as well. Great job as always.

Kinda a cool bat used by probably both Jeter & Arod. I found alot of pics of Arod using Jeter's bats in 2006 as well.

Figured I would post a few pics. the one handle pic is of the damaged sticker.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Name:  AUCTION LABEL.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  70.2 KBName:  IMG_2722.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  97.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i always wondered how someone could say for certain that a bat like this was used by a specific player other than the player named on the bat? sure, someone could say that the use characteristics are not what is typically seen on jeter bats, but how can a third-party attribute it to another specific player? in this case, unless it was acquired directly from arod who stated he used it, how do they know? this has always baffled me.

Quote Originally Posted by memorabiliaunlimited View Post
    i always wondered how someone could say for certain that a bat like this was used by a specific player other than the player named on the bat? sure, someone could say that the use characteristics are not what is typically seen on jeter bats, but how can a third-party attribute it to another specific player? in this case, unless it was acquired directly from arod who stated he used it, how do they know? this has always baffled me.
    genuinely curious about this if anyone has an answer.

I always thought the same thing myself. I am always skeptical about everything anyway. Unless photo matched how do we really know who used anything?
    Does Steiner get the bats directly from players or from the locker room/bat rack? Anyone player could use these at anytime or not at all.
    I can only go with the cert I have. Being that I obtained the bat at a very good price getting the cert renewed was good enough for me.

Players are always using different bats. I think Andujar used Castros bat for a ling time.

Just out of curiosity, if you were looking for a bat for your personal collection how comfortable would you be with a bat that has a PSA rating of GU 6???
    For me personally a GU 6 cert is as good as no cert.....I'd have no interest.

For what I paid for it its just fine & looks great. What if a bat has no grade just a regular PSA cert? You would pass on it?

I'd pass on just a regular PSA cert unless I could get a solid photo match to go with it.
    This is just a personal preference thing.

PSA grading at times to me seems a bit arbitrary. a GU 6 on this bat could mean something completely different for a different bat GU 6 - presumably this bat due to lack of provenance and another bat potentially due to lack of use. i wish the letters would provide more specificity in that regard. mears does a good job of documenting where points on the grade were lost.

and as it pertains to jeter bats, i believe that steiner would get them directly from him when he had his deal with them. not so sure about other players at least at the time jeter was playing, believe it has changed a bit since then.