Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

Ted Williams Bat

Had a buddy ask me about this and I did not have a good answer so figured I'd post here. I've not seen this happen before, but I'm not into bat grades either so I'm not sure of frequency but re-submitting for a numerical grade resulted in a shift in verbiage regarding its game used state from ready (sold via Goldin) to GU (on auction at Goodwin). I realize a PSA card re-submission could result in a higher (or lower) grade as it were but this seems different.

https://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail...ventoryid=6452

http://goodwinandco.com/Ted_Williams...-LOT38441.aspx

i have not seen this either and will be emailing John Taube now!
    wtf

The first sale on the Game Used Universe or Goldin auction was a straight LOA with no grade. The 2nd sale came after the bat was resubmitted and a grade was paid for. So basically I think that someone paid extra money for a grade which gets a more in depth analysis. It's a 7 and fits the perimeters for the grade so...that's what $65 or so extra so gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamurai View Post
    The first sale on the Game Used Universe or Goldin auction was a straight LOA with no grade. The 2nd sale came after the bat was resubmitted and a grade was paid for. So basically I think that someone paid extra money for a grade which gets a more in depth analysis. It's a 7 and fits the perimeters for the grade so...that's what $65 or so extra so gets you.
    compeltely incorrect , in this case
    thr bat was not classified as used in this case when we sold be spoken to John and I expect the bat to be removed from Goodwin. I would rather not comment further until thr matter is resolved

I'm not so sure that I would call it completely incorrect but you be you Ken. I also plan on making some calls regarding this matter as it's an interesting occurrence. I'll post an update of any additional info that I find to keep forum members in the loop.

the bat has been withdrawn from their auction

What was the ultimate reason given for the shift in verbiage from ready to used?

it was not sent to them as an upgrade. any prior stickering was removed i am told

Yikes. Thanks for getting to the bottom of it.