Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

MLB Hologram Authenticated - "Inked"

Hi all,

I have a jersey that is MLB authenticated and when looked up in their database, I get two dates:

The first date states an authentication date of July 21, 2009 while the description states that the jersey was "inked" on April 7, 2009 (opening day).

Any idea which date I should assume the jersey was used on of those two? Or does it possibly mean that it was used between those two dates? Thank you!

if you could send a copy of the hologram number or a screenshot of the MLB authentication for it, i would like to take a look. i have never heard of an "inked" designation. my initial thoughts are that the "inked" designation means it was covert marked and used on the earlier date but not authenticated until the later date, which would be quite common. that also would mean it was probably used a number of times between those dates.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.52.17 PM.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  15.0 KB

I've attached an example - the jersey also has a Steiner game used hologram

getty images shows a white jersey was worn on 4/7/09 and a gray one was worn on 7/21/09, so based on the style of your jersey, that should answer your question as to when it was worn. which do you have? my guess its the white one that was covert marked on opening day. there is a good chance that it was worn a number of times after that if so.

Ahh, didn't even think to check photos haha. Yes, it's a white jersey, that probably helps explain why it was Steiner as well since I've seen many "opening day" items offered by them. Thanks!

The main reason why it has a Steiners hologram is because they had the deal with the Sox on distributing most of their game used items during that time frame.