Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ed Too Tall Jones game used helmet help

Hey helmet guys!
    I think I got a steal on my hands. Bought an Ed “too tall” Jones game used lid from an abandoned storage shed sale. I admittedly am not a helmet guy but took a shot on it and it appears to have paid off. I have multiple photomatches which I will try to upload. Here is the part I am looking for guidance on. The seller had told me that he believes Jones only wore perhaps one helmet his entire career. I’m sure this is not accurate but I have photomatches from Getty over multiple seasons. Can anyone tell me what year this helmet would have been issued? What it’s general value might be? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Picture of helmet

Inside of helmet

Incredible piece! I thought there was a sticker or some kind of reconditioned stamp on the back of the helmets?

Roger

Banned
    Don't totally discard the "1 helmet" idea. Walter Payton is reported to have only worn 1 helmet for his NFL career. Many years ago, but after he died, the helmet was on display at the Roundhouse in Aurora, IL.

Dave Miedema

The photo of the helmet shows an AF2 Riddell label. I believe those Riddell model helmets were introduced in the early 1980s. If that's the case then he wore a different style Riddell helmet from 1974-1978. Meaning he wore more than one helmet during his Cowboy's career.

These are the only stickers on the back of the helmet

Very nice helmet. Bgakladd is correct in that Jones wore a different helmet early in his career. I have a similar helmet of Randy White that I bought a few years ago - that the seller was trying to get $1500 for. I paid him $1000 after it did not sell for the $1500 he was looking for. Gives you a place to start.

Don’t suppose you’d be interested in selling the Randy White helmet? My favorite player of all time!