Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Bob Drzewiecki of Football Heaven

With much sadness I learned that Bob Drzewiecki passed away back in March. Bob's wife, Doris, called last week to let me know of Bob's passing. For those of you who are not familiar with Bob, he ran Football Heaven back in the 1990s and early 2000s selling game used helmets and jerseys with helmets being his specialty. He often referred to himself as Football Bob, and a lot of collectors referred to him by that name. Bob was a fine gentleman and a good friend who really enjoyed the hobby. He also loved the Bears!

Bob and I went in together on a couple of team bulk buys back in the 1990s with Bob taking most of the helmets while I took most of the jerseys. He was easy and accommodating to deal with. His booth would be the first one I would visit whenever I attended a show where Bob was set up. One of my most fond memories was sitting with Bob at the live Super Bowl Auction in Atlanta in January 1994. It's where I first had the opportunity to talk at length with Bob and where our friendship began. We would later laugh about how we sat through the entire auction and somehow managed to not place a single bid.

May Bob rest in peace.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

Banned
    Saddened to hear this. Bob was one of the greats in the game used hobby in his day. From what I could see, the onslaught of eBay was the beginning of the end for his business. RIP< Bob.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    With much sadness I learned that Bob Drzewiecki passed away back in March. Bob's wife, Doris, called last week to let me know of Bob's passing. For those of you who are not familiar with Bob, he ran Football Heaven back in the 1990s and early 2000s selling game used helmets and jerseys with helmets being his specialty. He often referred to himself as Football Bob, and a lot of collectors referred to him by that name. Bob was a fine gentleman and a good friend who really enjoyed the hobby. He also loved the Bears!

Bob and I went in together on a couple of team bulk buys back in the 1990s with Bob taking most of the helmets while I took most of the jerseys. He was easy and accommodating to deal with. His booth would be the first one I would visit whenever I attended a show where Bob was set up. One of my most fond memories was sitting with Bob at the live Super Bowl Auction in Atlanta in January 1994. It's where I first had the opportunity to talk at length with Bob and where our friendship began. We would later laugh about how we sat through the entire auction and somehow managed to not place a single bid.

May Bob rest in peace.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    Mark, sorry to hear about your friend , may he RIP.