Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

VSA Auctions ended last night

Anyone take a look at the auctions last night? A lot of interesting lots in there..a lot of jersey came with "understhirts"

I was following many of the items, I thought the "long sleeve collection" was really interesting and some great jerseys. Several items should have gone for more, especially since they were all blessed by Dave M, just like a Goldin Auctions. The Michael Jordan items were FANTASTIC, as well as the Frank Thomas rookie jersey, all of which had great provenance. I really wish we knew more about the collector that unloaded all that stuff, that was a great collection.

On the "I didn't love so much" side, there were several batting helmets that just didn't line up (i.e., Bonds, Ripken Jr, Sheffield) and had things wrong with them.

Otherwise I thought that was an incredible lineup from a smaller auction house that clearly made a great deal with a big collector.

I found lots of inconsistencies with VSA Auctions with not just the batting helmets but also the jersey's. That is why i stay away from VSA.

One example would be say the 2001 Ichiro. He wore a size 46-48 in 2001 at least the ones i have seen with an Ichiro COA. VSA's is a size 44. This is just one example of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I found lots of inconsistencies with VSA Auctions with not just the batting helmets but also the jersey's. That is why i stay away from VSA.

One example would be say the 2001 Ichiro. He wore a size 46-48 in 2001 at least the ones i have seen with an Ichiro COA. VSA's is a size 44. This is just one example of many.
    So I guess you are saying that Dave M. LOA's are not to be trusted?

Quote Originally Posted by TwinLakesPark View Post
    So I guess you are saying that Dave M. LOA's are not to be trusted?
    I think if a jersey is bad it is bad. I tried emailing Dave to touch base and I asked him if he wrote COA'S for the jerseys (i have seen fake Dave M COAS)and if he was positive on his findings. He never emailed me back. Don't get me wrong I love Dave and he is full of knowledge. He has helped me confirm findings in the past.

The last link never worked. Anyways here is the email to show i did attempt to reach out.

Name:  Uaaaaantitled.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  45.4 KB

I wanted to respond to the thinly veiled comments about Dave mediema and goldin aucfions posted by twin lakes
    dave mediema comes to our office to authenticate
    when he comes here, he has use of a light box, a black light, a research team, a computer, and the internet.
    You. Need to ask him if when he goes to VSA or Others is he has that equipment, and therefore if the detail and accuracy is u to the same standards.
    Unlike aucfion houses that say “no refunds, all sales final” Goldin Auctions will cancel a sale or accept a refund if it is proven he made an error in authentication for something we sold.

So keep the above in mind when comparing as it’s not apples to apples
    thank you

Banned
    Sorry, Phil, but I never got that email. I would have definitely answered if I had. The LOAs were compiled based on my information and analysis, printed with photos by Steve, and sent to me for review and signature before returning them, as is the case with most auction houses I do work for. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but I am confident in what I signed off on here, as there were a number of items I didn't approve. Steve listened to my reasoning on the rejects, and did not pressure me to do an LOA on an item I wasn't comfortable with.

Dave Miedema

Dave,

Did you inspect the jersey's in person ?

I consider myself VERY knowledgeable on Seattle based teams game worn/used/issued equipment and i have never seen a legit 2001 size 44 Ichiro game used jersey. Even the ones authenticated by Ichiro/Coast to Coast/Mill Creek are 46 and 48. I have held plenty of legit Ichiros.

I just feel like people take your LOA as final word. Now we have a few items that people spent big money on that are not what they think they are. That to me is not right. I don't think you did it on purpose either just to make that clear. Your one of the good guys i know that. Maybe that is why it bothers me so much.

If you care i can list the jersey's and the issues wrong or i can send them privately to your email.