Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeter Jersey

Jeter Jersey

Dave,

Can you confirm that this is in fact the jersey you authenticated? and do you see any other red flags?

He has some Jeter stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter...b9f4%7Ciid%3A1

Banned
    I believe it is.

Dave Miedema

Yeah, clubhouse guy stole it from Yankee stadium...This is a HOME jersey...no shot of STEALING that from Yankee Stadium, folks...

http://gameuseduniverse.com/showthre...ght=Jeter+Bats

This is the same guy we discussed with all those "game used" Jeter bats.

That was the main reason I asked about the Jersey. He also has another Bat up for sale as well.

Well it should be easy to photo match as the wash tag looks like it was washed quite a bit. Meaning if it’s legit it was worn for a few games. Might take you awhile to match. If you cant match it then I would pass. Wait and get one that is authenticated by Steiner Sports or MLB.

Banned
    I certainly don't advocate stealing, but why would removing a Yankees home jersey from the Yankees home ballpark be a "no shot" proposition? The style was the one worn at home.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I certainly don't advocate stealing, but why would removing a Yankees home jersey from the Yankees home ballpark be a "no shot" proposition? The style was the one worn at home.

Dave M.
    I think what he is saying is that the chances are slim that a Jeter gamer would come out of the clubhouse not authenticated.

Its funny that you mention slim chance on the Jeter gamer making it out of the clubhouse because theres another item I was wondering about. Currently on ebay theres a Dustin Pedroia 2013 World Series game used away jersey up for sale. Is it possible for a Pedroia jersey from the 2013 world series to make it out of the club house without MLB authentication??? we're talking about possibly 3 games of the world series which is a major event.

It certainly is possible...Tom Brady had his jersey stolen twice from the Super Bowl! But, highly doubtful...I've seen auctions outside of MLB for MLB GI jerseys that are factory fresh, beat up a bit, and, then are authenticated as Game used..Guess what? That doesn't happen to Game issued MLB jerseys..GI MLB jerseys are washed !!! That is why they are TI..GU jersey holograms go on after a game on unwashed jerseys, or, after they have been washed..TI jerseys NEVER get am MLB hologram UNWASHED.