Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Seaver 1987 Comeback jersey on ebay

Jersey is posted as the jersey Seaver wore in his last attempted comeback against Tidewater in 1987.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Seaver-...38f4%7Ciid%3A1

Compared to this available picture of that game, the font of the 4 does not appear to be a match, but I cannot exclude an issue of the angle of the action shot.
    Thoughts?

https://i0.wp.com/www.metspolice.com...2021.jpg?ssl=1

This Jersey is not good....I bought it a few years back on ebay and returned to the seller.....the #'s and name on back are made from a newer style material and not something that was used in 1987...

Thanks. That’s what I thought.

Banned
    Likewise, I'm very skeptical of this one, as well.

Dave Miedema

There are many issues with this jersey. Most glaring one is the numbers are made of "glacier twill" material that started appearing on Mets jerseys after the 1995 season. The numbers are also placed incorrectly and are of the wrong size. The tagging is wrong too.

I also understand that this jersey was consigned to Paragon auctions and pulled subsequently.

The photos on ebay are poor quality; almost so that you cannot tell that the numbers are wrong material. I wrote to the seller to ask for better photos of the numbers, and no photos were ever sent.

I can't believe that the bidding is up to nearly $2000 -- and with 51 PRIVATE bids.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com