Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

eBay #253769916750 Adam Dunn 2012 ASG Hat

I've seen this Adam Dunn 2012 All Star Game hat sell in the past and am wondering what about it confirms it was specifically made for Dunn and/or worn by him during the game (past and current sellers both specify game use)? The size is 7 3/8 and there is a silver "32" under the brim but an MLB Authenticated White Sox Dunn game used hat I own is size 7 1/4 and the silver "32" looks to be written by another hand (the 3's are similar but the 2's are different). I also own some Dunn Reds game used hat which are 7 3/8 and 7 1/2 so I'm not sure if the size is an issue for this later part of his career.

I'd be interested to hear any thoughts as I'm not overly familiar with the process that goes into making these specific ASG hats and issuing them to the players. Dave Miedema, I see you've authenticated at least 1 other game worn hat from this ASG (Rafael Furcal) and I'd be most interested to hear your thoughts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Adam-D...sid=m570.l1313

Banned
    I saw it, Juan, but I'd want to see it in hand before commenting. On the surface, it seems OK, but things that look OK in photos don't always look so good when you can actually have it in your hands and see it.

Bob Koppel has collected Dunn in the past. If he has any thoughts on it, they would be most welcome.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I saw it, Juan, but I'd want to see it in hand before commenting. On the surface, it seems OK, but things that look OK in photos don't always look so good when you can actually have it in your hands and see it.

Bob Koppel has collected Dunn in the past. If he has any thoughts on it, they would be most welcome.

Dave Miedema
    Thanks for the input, Dave. Any idea if these ASG hats were made for retail sale and someone may have just written "32" under the bill? I'm familiar with the tagging on this era of hat but not sure how easy it is for the public to get a "blank" hat and customize it with ASG patches to resemble be a particular player.

Banned
    I'm not sure on that either. I HAVE seen unused WS logo caps.

Dave M.

I was not the winner but hope it looks legit for the winner.