Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am going to be flying Doug Reiser, thr admin to NJ to meet with the IT company handling this and get all of these issues addressed and fixed at once,
    we will send an email out when completed wit update

I've been a member since 2008 - used to look at the site every day and then purchasing habits changed - slowed down and then began communicating with fellow collectors that have the same passion for items I collect that they do too. Everyone I have met that collects football helmets as I do primarily, except one person, I met through GUU and I've learned so much through others sharing on here. I agree with Preston...we all need to get more involved and post like we used to subject to some of the issues above being corrected or simplified by GUU admin.

Tom

Very encouraged by this,
    we will get site issues fixed and add new features and be sure to email everyone when started and when completed

This used to be a good site when Chris Cavalier had it before he went to Goldin auctions. I bought many game-used bats on here and it was fun to be on all the time then after Chris left the whole website just seem to be about Goldin auctions and promoting his auctions. I think it turned a lot of people off. Another factor was used to be every time you'd have to get into the collector to collector section you had to sign in and that was a hassle. It's really gone downhill over the past few years hopefully it'll change and more people will get on. I'd like to buy some more game-used bats like it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    This used to be a good site when Chris Cavalier had it before he went to Goldin auctions. I bought many game-used bats on here and it was fun to be on all the time then after Chris left the whole website just seem to be about Goldin auctions and promoting his auctions. I think it turned a lot of people off. Another factor was used to be every time you'd have to get into the collector to collector section you had to sign in and that was a hassle. It's really gone downhill over the past few years hopefully it'll change and more people will get on. I'd like to buy some more game-used bats like it was before.
    I agree GUU has seen better days. Hopefully it will come back to what it once was. Besides Dave M, it seems no one really shares knowledge to prevent people from getting ripped off. I just found out Chris Cavalier left Goldin Auctions for Heritage Auctions. Maybe his departure as something to do with the site decline? Does Chris still own GUU?

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Aside from the comments already mentioned(website not being super user friendly), I believe ppl are steadily moving to other formats, such as Facebook, to post and display/sell items. It’s literally take a pic and go.

What this site needs is an app.

Nate I agree. Social media is much easier to use and more interactive and a lot of our members are on the Facebook sites more these days. Chris spoke about a Facebook GUU site years ago so perhaps it may be a direction to consider.

Its encouraging to to see this thread and a lot of you who wish to see GUU return to its former glory and I hope we can do it!

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I would love to see GUU return to its former glory. However I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it will have absolutely nothing to do with Facebook. I don’t Facebook, I never have Facebooked, and I never will Facebook. Not for any reason whatsoever including for GUU. I would very much miss GUU but no force in the universe could compel me to do anything on Facebook.
    I used to be TBM and I collect everything Kansas City Royals. Main focus is Adalberto Mondesi aka Raul Mondesi of the Royals and Ryan O’Hearn.

Most of the people I have seen that are still active here are also over on the MLB Game Used Facebook Group. While there are some advantages to the FB group over GUU site (i.e. the ease of picture posting) there are also some advantages GUU has over the FB group (i.e. easier navigation to look at random classified posts). I had suggested an app for GUU site a few years ago but it was not accepted very well. For websites, you have to adapt to an app or you'll get left behind. Many of us use a handheld device or a tablet. Going into the future generations, most will have a device. An app will be required. At the very least you need a mobile version.

I don't mind at all that Ken owns or runs this site or whatever. It's not overbearing with Goldin posts whatsoever to me. I have the ability to click or not click on something. It's not shoved down our throats. It's not like some of the sites you see where you click on something then have to sit through an ad before you can go to the page.

You may have to get a FB dude.

Anything new with this? I have had trouble logging in, trouble posting and was not able to post photos either...