Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

photo matching question

Hello All!

I was curious... As a collector, I've always enjoyed looking through pictures on Getty or similar sites for a pic of a jersey in my collection.
    I see it as part of the fun and challenge when acquiring a new piece. I need to do something for work though, and it needs to be professionally done. I spoke with 1 company who looked excellent but was rather expensive - which is ok... i just didnt know it was $400+.
    Does anyone have someone they recommend that is cheaper or is that the going rate? Thanks for the help and advise!!

I think with a lot of the professional photo-matching services it will depend a little on the value of the jersey in question but you should definitely have options out there that are less than $400 a match I'd have thought.

Personally I've used Meigray Authentication and have been very happy with the service they offer. In terms of market perception as well I'd say that a Meigray match is about as good as it gets. I've also had a quote before from Resolution Photomatching which was less than the figure you quoted and (based on a jersey I have photo-matched by them) I believe in the accuracy of their matches.

Hope that helps and good luck!