Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Angry eBay item 362298374899: Sketchy looking Stargell cap

I've never seen a Stargell GU cap with a player ID of that type and location. Also, the autograph does not match up with ones I got when he played. The seller was notified, responded that the cap was a consignment item, but has made no attempt to pull it.

Dave Miedema

Dave......you are right on all counts. The autograph isn't even close and the player ID that I have seen in the past was the #8 or "VIII" located under the bill.
    By chance do you know what size the cap is?

Thanks,

-Walt

Please note my new username is Triple92459. Previously I was Tallyman77, but something happened to my account and I had no choice but to re-register.

Banned
    I'm fully into agreement with you on all Counts, Walt. It's disapponiting, though, when the seller, a pretty big eBay name, gets the correcrt info ands refuses to correct the description.

Dave M.

This seems to be typical with that seller. Buyers beware.

Yes Dave.......the seller is a very big name on Ebay who also claims not to accept game used items or autographed items on consignment unless they have a COA. That so called Stargell was a poor moth holed example and I saw no advertised COA for game usage or for the autograph. The labeling wasn't shown either. Amazingly it managed to sell, bringing $61.00........that's why the description wasn't corrected.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Banned
    Plus, Walt, with this seller, ANY LOA is good enough for him. I've twice advised him about reconsidering posting items having LOAs from the less than capable Lou Lampson that Lou was wrong on in both cases, but decided that since it had Lou's LOA, that was enough and did nothing.

Dave M.

Hey Dave I remember those LOA's from Lou.........I sure am glad you are on the scene with true knowledge and expertise and please know that you are truly appreciated in this hobby.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Banned
    Thanks. Walt. On the caps, you're doing a great job yourself.

Dave M.