Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Auction bidding - Why people, why?

I cannot, for the life of me understand why people continue to bid items up and up over days. I'm looking at a bat auction right now, and its already been bid up to about what its worth, with 8 hours left. Drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    I cannot, for the life of me understand why people continue to bid items up and up over days. I'm looking at a bat auction right now, and its already been bid up to about what its worth, with 8 hours left. Drives me crazy!
    I agree! I never bid until the final minute.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Same here! I wanted to place a bid on this bat, but man that thing skyrocketed all day to the point where it wasn't worth bidding.

I think that would be a good reason if it deters other bidders from joining in late. Personally, I've missed on several auctions meaning to bid at the last moment and then forgetting realizing that I would have likely been the winner had I just bid the max I was willing to spend.

Banned

Cool

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have time to monitor eBay 24/7. I bid when I find it convenient. If I get outbid, and see the notice for it in time, I may bid again, but that actually happens only on about 15% of my bids. If I get it, good; if not, the sun still rises regardless.

Dave Miedema

Well, you also have to consider allthe shill bidding that goes on to raise the price

Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~