Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is this a match?

Is this "mac" a match? The larger one is confirmed mcgwire. I'll show other legit ones too. It's on a 1986 Era lvs but not his bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: is this a match?

Are you trying match the knob in photo '14' with the large knob in the post? Can you enlarge photo 14?
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

The left side of the 'M' is thicker in the large knob than in photo '14' and the area where the A meets the c differs too.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Trying to match the bat knob in bottom right of first pic with the others. I know they are spread out more but do u guys think there's another mac from 1986 or if mcguire just spaced it out? The pine tar spreadage is also typical of mcgwire so I'm wondering if it's one he used

Not sure how comparing completely different knobs would be "matching" anything. A player may write his number, initials, name, etc in different places of different knobs even within the same year, or he may do it early in career and then have equipment mgr do it later, so handwriting may not even be the same. Use the other characteristics more for the matching points. On that note, the writing is different as far as the letters and their key points. Doesn't mean it's not his bat in either case, though.

The year is the same timeframe as his mac lvs knobbed bats, ill post tar and wear later when i get bat in hand. i kind of thought the M was written same way, the other letters close but the m is very very close.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The grain pattern behind "M" looks to be in different direction. Always good to check it out though.

It's a diff grain pattern cause it's two diff bats, just saying the m's look written by same guy I think

Got it: You are looking for a style match rather than a photomatch. I would agree, they look to be in same hand.

Yeah i showed it to a mcgwire collector and he said it's a mcgwire pre rookie years bat and def his writing. Ill post more pics of it later if any one else is good at mcgwire traits from 87 era lvs bats