Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Did I deserve this?

I found this Andrew DeClercq Cavs jersey on Ebay being sold by hoop-style. Since several of the jerseys in his store are listed as game issued, I was interested to know how he was able to identify the jersey as game worn. Here's the question I sent:

Interested in this jersey. I noticed you listed some of your other jerseys as game issued, not game worn. How do you know the DeClercq is game used? What evidence of use does it show? Thanks!

Here's the response I received:
    1. Mostly it's common sense.
    2. As you implied, there is evident usage
    3. It's Andrew Declercq a role player! Who the hell is going to bother to counterfeit a Declercq???
    4. There are not enough of his jerseys from his entire career that could make you suspect the jersey companies produced any "extras" as they often do with Star Players.
    5. I have COA's stating game usage (although I personally take COA's with a grain of salt, many people value them more than I do).
    Am I missing something? Did my question really deserve this condescending, arrogant response? First of all, I don't think it's a matter of common sense at all. Second, I did not imply any usage, I asked about usage. Third, I never used the word counterfeit.

I would like to know how you all feel about this.

Banned

Re: Did I deserve this?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorcollector View Post
    I found this Andrew DeClercq Cavs jersey on Ebay being sold by hoop-style. Since several of the jerseys in his store are listed as game issued, I was interested to know how he was able to identify the jersey as game worn. Here's the question I sent:

Interested in this jersey. I noticed you listed some of your other jerseys as game issued, not game worn. How do you know the DeClercq is game used? What evidence of use does it show? Thanks!

Here's the response I received:
    1. Mostly it's common sense.
    2. As you implied, there is evident usage
    3. It's Andrew Declercq a role player! Who the hell is going to bother to counterfeit a Declercq???
    4. There are not enough of his jerseys from his entire career that could make you suspect the jersey companies produced any "extras" as they often do with Star Players.
    5. I have COA's stating game usage (although I personally take COA's with a grain of salt, many people value them more than I do).
    Am I missing something? Did my question really deserve this condescending, arrogant response? First of all, I don't think it's a matter of common sense at all. Second, I did not imply any usage, I asked about usage. Third, I never used the word counterfeit.

I would like to know how you all feel about this.
    No you did not deserve it you asked good, legitmate questions. Declerq being a bench player spent many games in his career dressed but not playing and if I am buying a jersey I want the guy to have done more than sit on the bench in it. Plus I believe they make extras for every player as star or not if he gets blood or something on his jersey that renders it no longer useable he is not going to stand out there shirtless. Plus alot of players have been injured in their careers and the jerseys they would have worn if healthy go unused.

you actually received a pretty seduced reponse. whenever I e-mail him, he barks to send my inquiries through his private e-mail address and not e-mail. he does come across as emotionally constipated who probably gets off on enemas.

I'd tell him to take his jersey and cram it.
    In this economy sellers can't afford to be rude to potential customers....let him know it.

well from previous experiences you got off pretty easy

I cant even post some of the responses i have received from him

My advise:

DO NOT EMAIL HIM BACK...trust me it will only get worse

and second, just dont deal with him (i know other members on here that have the same philosphy)

I would also like to point out, in all his listing he mentions this....

"

If you would like a jersey in a different size or color or player than the ones you see us list, e-mail your special inquiry and we may be able to get it and set up a Special Auction on eBay for you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post

I would also like to point out, in all his listing he mentions this....

"

If you would like a jersey in a different size or color or player than the ones you see us list, e-mail your special inquiry and we may be able to get it and set up a Special Auction on eBay for you.

That has always bothered me too...

Banned

I also asked him a questions one time and that was the last time I asked him a questions again.
    Very rude and I would never buy from him.
    Just my 2 cents

Banned

Yeah probably a good idea. I had a no name gamer from a player for sale he made me a lowball offer telling me that he would pay only this much because he had to turn it into another player to make any money and that took alot of time to do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Yeah probably a good idea. I had a no name gamer from a player for sale he made me a lowball offer telling me that he would pay only this much because he had to turn it into another player to make any money and that took alot of time to do.
    Are you for real?

a) Dude's a tool.
    b) He's a customizer.

It's like the guys on eBay that have been selling of their 'autograph collection' for years.