Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Tom Brady Game Worn Helmet?

UPDATE 2:

So the helmet was looked at pretty extensively by a few sources. Riddell confirmed that the helmet was the right color and had the correct paint. It also has the correct padding for Brady. They confirmed it was definitely a "Game Ready, Pro Style Helmet" but cannot confirm it being worn by Tom or not.

It was also confirmed by Shutt that the "date code" on the face mask is 1995. Do players generally wear "newly" manufactured masks? Would this be a sign it's not real or is it feasible that he might wear a mask made in 95? Not sure.

The green helmet sticker on the back indicated it being a genuine sticker from the NFL as it has the proper epoxy "glaze", different from replicas available on Ebay, etc.

A concern was the flag on the back missing the white border.

Another good sign was the small worn spot which is in the correct area for the microphone inside the helmet.

It seems to be a general consensus that the helmet itself is a real, game ready, player issued helmet but the question still remains, was it worn by Tom.

One suggestion is that it was a practice worn/used helmet. I have a friend with ties to a few retired Patriots who offered to show pictures to them to see if they can offer any feedback on potential authenticity. This source also is friends with Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia, who the helmet is said to have come from (via his wife).

If anyone has any feedback on the above new info, I would appreciate it. Going to continue digging.

You amaze me with your findings on your helmet. Can you explain the two dark yellow/mustard color areas in these photos? One by the jaw pad and the other on top of the center ridge of the helmet. Just curious on your opinion. Only an opinion of why it's that color if you can.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by bgakladd View Post
    You amaze me with your findings on your helmet. Can you explain the two dark yellow/mustard color areas in these photos? One by the jaw pad and the other on top of the center ridge of the helmet. Just curious on your opinion. Only an opinion of why it's that color if you can.
    Thanks! I was told that the "shell" of Patriots helmets are gold and "painted to order" with the silver sparkle over the gold shell. This was info directly from Riddell and also confirmed by this picture I took of a known Brady Game Worn helmet which is on display in Boston at the NFL Gridiron Exhibit at the Museum of Science.

Hard to tell for sure, but the helmet in your picture looks like a Riddell Revolution. I don’t believe Brady ever wore a revolution. I’ve seen him in a Riddell Speed for a couple of games, otherwise I’ve only seen him in the vsr4.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    Hard to tell for sure, but the helmet in your picture looks like a Riddell Revolution. I donÂ’t believe Brady ever wore a revolution. IÂ’ve seen him in a Riddell Speed for a couple of games, otherwise IÂ’ve only seen him in the vsr4.
    That is a Riddell Revolution helmet. I was curious about this helmet too so I contacted the Museum of Science in Boston. An employee there told me all items they exhibited there was sent to the Putnam Museum in Davenport, Iowa for the next Gridiron Glory exhibit thats begins Feb. 3. The Putnam Museum told me they have no game worn Tom Brady Patriots helmets from what they have seen from looking though all items they have looked at. The employee at the Museum of Science in Boston said that most of the Patriots items featured at their exhibit came from The Hall At Patriots Place. After contacting them I was told they do not have any game worn helmets of Brady's and they said they don't recall him wearing the Revolution helmet but that other players certanly did. They want to know if numbers anywhere on the helmet or if the back of the helmet area photos can be provided. The posted Revolution helmet picture was sent to them to see if they can match it to any of the helmets they have in their possesion. Both the Putnam Museum and The Hall At Patriots Place are doing more research for me. MallCopKJ can you provide photos of the full helmet and the back for us???

That is a Riddell Revolution helmet. I was curious about this helmet too so I contacted the Museum of Science in Boston. An employee there told me all items they exhibited there was sent to the Putnam Museum in Davenport, Iowa for the next Gridiron Glory exhibit thats begins Feb. 3. The Putnam Museum told me they have no game worn Tom Brady Patriots helmets from what they have seen from looking though all items they have looked at. The employee at the Museum of Science in Boston said that most of the Patriots items featured at their exhibit came from The Hall At Patriots Place. After contacting them I was told they do not have any game worn helmets of Brady's and they said they don't recall him wearing the Revolution helmet but that other players certanly did. They want to know if numbers anywhere on the helmet or if the back of the helmet area photos can be provided. The posted Revolution helmet picture was sent to them to see if they can match it to any of the helmets they have in their possesion. Both the Putnam Museum and The Hall At Patriots Place are doing more research for me. MallCopKJ can you provide photos of the full helmet and the back for us???
    Thank you for the post and for the research! Going back through all the pictures I took you are absolutely right I was mistaken that the picture with the gold paint was a Brady helmet. The Revolution one was Rob Gronkowski.

Here the pictures I have of the Brady locket

Fat fingers submitted that last post lol. Here are the pictures I have of the Brady Walker which included a jersey pants and helmet gloves pads cleats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MallCopKJ View Post
    Thank you for the post and for the research! Going back through all the pictures I took you are absolutely right I was mistaken that the picture with the gold paint was a Brady helmet. The Revolution one was Rob Gronkowski.

Here the pictures I have of the Brady locket
    I might not be as knowledgeable as you on football helmets MallCop, but didn't Rob Gronkowski wear Riddell Speed helmets since his rookie season? When did he wear a Revolution helmet?

Is there any truth to the patriots using gold helmets and then painting them silver? I had never heard that!

Kind of an old thread- but yes Brady did wear a revolution helmet. Very short period (I believe practice only, but can be wrong). Ive attached a picture for reference.
    Name:  IMG_6155.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  81.0 KB