Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Tom Brady Game Worn Helmet?

Here is a close up of a Brady game worn helmet with the proper green dot decal on back. Was the other style ever used in the NFL?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by bgakladd View Post
    Here is a close up of a Brady game worn helmet with the proper green dot decal on back. Was the other style ever used in the NFL?
    Thanks for posting! Is that certified as real? To me, that looks like the fake stickers which sell on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-NFL-...8AAOSw5dNWlmSs

Someone that had looked at the helmet I bought said the sticker on it was correct because of the "rubbery" feeling it had, as the NFL helmet stickers are sprayed with apoxy. The one in the image you posted looks like a regular sticker and not one that appears to have the apoxy on it.

The thickness on the one you posted also appears the same as the one's found on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by MallCopKJ View Post
    Thanks for posting! Is that certified as real? To me, that looks like the fake stickers which sell on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-NFL-...8AAOSw5dNWlmSs

Someone that had looked at the helmet I bought said the sticker on it was correct because of the "rubbery" feeling it had, as the NFL helmet stickers are sprayed with apoxy. The one in the image you posted looks like a regular sticker and not one that appears to have the apoxy on it.

The thickness on the one you posted also appears the same as the one's found on Ebay.
    MallCopKJ ..... The top photo is a cropped photo of Tom Brady's game worn helmet. I was comparing it to yours and the green dot that is on your helmet. Hope I wasnt confusing you by just showing a section of it. I will put the game worn helmet of Brady's in full view.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

UPDATE:

So from what I have been told, the NFLPA and Tristar do not allow Tom to inscribe, "Game Used" on items. With that said, he did sign the helmet and gave it a "unique" inscription which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MallCopKJ View Post
    UPDATE:

So from what I have been told, the NFLPA and Tristar do not allow Tom to inscribe, "Game Used" on items. With that said, he did sign the helmet and gave it a "unique" inscription which is cool.

I’ve never heard of the NFLPA banning players from inscribing game used before. That’s interesting someone told you that.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    I’ve never heard of the NFLPA banning players from inscribing game used before. That’s interesting someone told you that.
    I had actually been told that by Don Yee's secretary (Tom's agent). She also said he has a strict limit on the number of signatures he can sign in a year. I can't imagine there being like a strict penalty or something for signing your autograph? Guessing this is limited to appearance signings.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised that was part of the agreement with the promotion putting on the signing. Maybe NFLPA negotiates some portion of these deals at a certain level? Brady being about as big as they can get . . .

Seems to be common with baseball players—for example, Ortiz hasn't been allowed to sign "game used" for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised that was part of the agreement with the promotion putting on the signing. Maybe NFLPA negotiates some portion of these deals at a certain level? Brady being about as big as they can get . . .

Seems to be common with baseball players—for example, Ortiz hasn't been allowed to sign "game used" for awhile now.
    I understand not wanting to put game used on items and a lot of places frowning upon on it, but I’m having a hard time believing the NFLPA bans Brady from what he writes.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Brady typically does a couple of private signings every year with a starting price of around $900 per item. I'm pretty sure it's TriStar who dictates what he can or can't inscribe.
    I heard he avoids public signings because doesn't want to charge kids for his autograph.
    Fanatics reps at public signings were the ones who approve what Ortiz, Betts and Bogaerts could inscribed on an item. Good luck getting anything inscribed game useD. Of course Fanatics will be more than happy to sell you a game used item with an inscription from any of those players.

Quote Originally Posted by jojac View Post
    Brady typically does a couple of private signings every year with a starting price of around $900 per item. I'm pretty sure it's TriStar who dictates what he can or can't inscribe.
    I heard he avoids public signings because doesn't want to charge kids for his autograph.
    Fanatics reps at public signings were the ones who approve what Ortiz, Betts and Bogaerts could inscribed on an item. Good luck getting anything inscribed game useD. Of course Fanatics will be more than happy to sell you a game used item with an inscription from any of those players.
    I can’t stand fanatics and their stupid BS rules. They wouldn’t let Hosmer sign Game Used on a bat the was MLB Game Used. Can’t stand them.