Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Angry Dak Prescott autopen

Sportsnaut has reported that the young Cowboys QB has been using an autopen for signing autographs. Link-posting doesn't work on my PC...if someone could post a link, it'd be appreciated.

Dave Miedema

Re: Dak Prescott autopen

You can google it and find tons of sites reporting on this. Essentially it appears that Dak's autographs for one set of cards (Panini Prizm) were autopenned. This card was a redemption and Dak insisted on signing on-card. Now we know why. This was all brought up when a collector send in the 4 cards below to beckett to get graded. Beckett's autograph authenticators (I believe JSA) noticed that something seemed off and that all the signatures seem to be identical. Notice how the person in card of the autopen machine tried to be mix things up by resizing the auto and it's location.

It's crazy to think that Panini has recently had scandals relating to fake/not game worn pieces of memorabilia and now they are dealing with fake autos too. In case you guys missed it, it has been discovered that Takkarist McKinley had someone else sign his 2017 College Contenders rookie cards and that Shaq has been having someone else sign his 2013-present Panini cards. I'm so happy I transitioned from cards to full gamers before all this stuff happened.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is a link to the ESPN story:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...sign-autograph

It should be noted that Beckett does not use JSA for autograph authentication, Beckett does this in house. It was with much fanfare last year that Steve Grad defected from PSA/DNA and started authenticating for Beckett.

Quote Originally Posted by shermdawurm View Post
    You can google it and find tons of sites reporting on this. Essentially it appears that Dak's autographs for one set of cards (Panini Prizm) were autopenned. This card was a redemption and Dak insisted on signing on-card. Now we know why. This was all brought up when a collector send in the 4 cards below to beckett to get graded. Beckett's autograph authenticators (I believe JSA) noticed that something seemed off and that all the signatures seem to be identical. Notice how the person in card of the autopen machine tried to be mix things up by resizing the auto and it's location.

It's crazy to think that Panini has recently had scandals relating to fake/not game worn pieces of memorabilia and now they are dealing with fake autos too. In case you guys missed it, it has been discovered that Takkarist McKinley had someone else sign his 2017 College Contenders rookie cards and that Shaq has been having someone else sign his 2013-present Panini cards. I'm so happy I transitioned from cards to full gamers before all this stuff happened.
    i am certainly not an autograph expert, but doesnt the first "d" in each signature look slightly different (at least from what was posted)? is that common with autopen?