Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What do your spouses think of your game used collecting?

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Good taste by the wife on the display! Looks good Sean
    Thanks!

The only issue my wife has with my collection is I mainly collect St. Louis Cardinals stuff, and she's a Cubs fan (it's a mixed marriage).

Other than that, there are no issues.

We keep separate checking accounts to pay our respective credit card bills. I don't ask how much she spends on her brand new clothes and she doesn't ask how much I spend on my used clothes and broken bats.

My wonderful wife and I recently had our 47th anniversary. We learned early in our marriage to give each other space and time for our respective hobbies.

I'll add that I object, in general, to calling a hobby "childish." Kids do almost everything adults do. Chess is a great children's game from age 8 up. (Just try that out on your kids if you don't know that! The US Chess Federation recently had a kid's tournament with over 5700 players. All four of my grandsons, ages 6-8 love playing chess- at their level of course.) Does that make adult chess a "child's" activity? Little girls play dress-up. Does that make adult fashion-shopping a "child's" activity?

The collecting of game-used items is akin to any kind of collecting (stamps, coins, old magazines, old recipe books, ad infinitum). But popular prejudice against game-used collecting as a "childish" activity contributes to a culture in which fraud in game-used is not taken as seriously by society as fraud in other areas, such as art.

Quote Originally Posted by mook03005 View Post
    Guys

Im glad we have forums like this to vent and discuss personal issues like this. to the fellow who started the thread, I have been in your shoes. Funny thing about it is that she was actually the very first person to buy me a game used jersey at a marlins game, when we met in 2006. I love her very much for introducing me to the hobby. I kinda jokingly use that during light hearted arguing when I buy a new jersey, " well you started it honey" lol. Anyhow like many others on this thread Ive showed her the value in buying and flipping jerseys...... paying off our credit card and throwing more money in savings went along way with the last jersey I sold. When I showed her how little I paid for it on ebay 7 years ago, she was hooked!!!
    Yoooo- its tubby/ chris / piazza collector - text me when you can I have a few numbers for you but idk Which is the correct one.

put it this way... i'm single lol