Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Joe Montana Jersey.... what is it??

Thanks for posting, I'm not sure what's going on, but I can't see the pics of the Payton. I was really just trying to get a sense of the tag that you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by gobills123 View Post
    Here you are sir. What an auto huh?!?

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Welp, that does it for me and photobucket.... I mean it was just worth it as it was with how slow and the ton of ads and that was when it was FREE. Now, they want you to pay $400 to be able to host your pics on a 3rd party site?
    ya no thanks....

lets try Imgur lol.....

well, theres the tags for both of them.
    Sorry the pics are so big, but at least it gives a good sense of the montana up close LOL.

ill have to figure out how to get those smaller, but if anyone can tell me if that montana is just retail or reasons its not i'd REALLY appreciate it!!!

There were SSSOOOO many Montana experts out there, im shocked no one has any opinions here. Dont worry about bursting my bubble or anything, i dont have high expectations.... just thought this was weird and was hoping the experts could weigh in. Thanks anyway!

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Joe Montana Jersey.... what is it??

I can't say for sure without having it in hand, but many of the signs are positive. Although it's written on, 46 is a size Montana used in that era. The NOB plate is an inch to 2 inches longer on each side than the NOB is. The lack of an NFL logo is consistent with a 1990 jersey. I can try to find a few more positive signs tomorrow, as it's almost bedtime her tonight. Let me see what more I can find on Tuesday.

Dave Miedema

Thanks Dave!!!

Banned

Cool Re: Joe Montana Jersey.... what is it??

I found a photo on Getty from a 10/14/90 game between the 49ers and Falcons. In it, the Wilson logo on the left sleeve is in the same color and location and the length of the sleeve is also a style match. If you want me to look at it up close, PM me and I'll discuss specifics.

Dave M.

sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

Thanks Dave! From what i can tell, the sticking point on the jersey has been the size and date tags. Someone on facebook stated it would have to be the inch long tag under the wilson tag, like the retail Marino we took out from 1992. He uses his montana as the examplar. The only confusing is then someone else said they had a gamer of a diff 49er from 90 that had similar tagging to this one. In the end, and if this thread is ever used as a resource it seems it all comes down to the date and size tags. That said, Wilson seems pretty confusing and I still havent 100% gotten to understand it.