Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thoughts on bryce harper bat

What do you guys think of this harper? Would you consider it a definitive photo match?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nationals-Br...sAAOSwjDZYcSRx

Re: Thoughts on bryce harper bat

Style match IMO. Anyone knob if the upper handle tar is consistent with Harper bats? I do not see another with that particular tar application.

That is not just a style match. That is definitely a photomatch to those pictures. I'm not sure if those pictures are just batting practice or spring training but they are definitely the same bat. That wood grain is amazing and are like fingerprints which match up in those pictures. The wood grain is more important then the pine tar. Pine tar can change from at-bat to at-bat, so if you just focus on that, it can be difficult to match. I have no doubt he used that bat but for how long, we will never know. A few pictures can only get you so far in the life of a bat. He goes through so many of them but who cares right? He definitely used it.

What would such a bat be realistically worth?

Does anyone know the seller? Of course that doesnt mean so much but perhaps someone has bought from him before.

It's a definite match to some spring training pictures. Hitting in the cage and maybe a ST at bat as well. I think those Tiger bats are illegal during the normal season. It's a cool looking bat but it is just ST. I'd say around 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rade25 View Post
    It's a definite match to some spring training pictures. Hitting in the cage and maybe a ST at bat as well. I think those Tiger bats are illegal during the normal season. It's a cool looking bat but it is just ST. I'd say around 1.5.
    Is the pine tar application consistent for Harper's use?

Quote Originally Posted by grandeleague View Post
    Is the pine tar application consistent for Harper's use?
    Harper had been known to apply pine tar like that. He is consistently trying different applications, tape, etc. I guess he's consistently inconsistent with his bats.

Quote Originally Posted by grandeleague View Post
    What would such a bat be realistically worth?
    I want this bat but would not pay $2500 for it. I would say around $1500 to $1800 and that's for a serious Harper collector. It wasn't used during the season and 2016 ended up being one of his worst seasons.