Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ben Oglivie 1986 Brewers Road Jersey on Ebay

I have seen a jersey criss cross the country in the last year and appear on a jersey website as an example of a 1986 Brewer roadie. Here is why I feel this is not a Ben Oglivie gamer. Its on Ebay now

It is not properly tagged in the tail. The Brewers tag everything and have done so for years. The size is wrong at 46. It has no name.

I own a 1986 Oglivie roadie obtained from team personal. It is a size 40.(Pics below)

The Ebay jersey has been repaired from heavy use. Benji only played 50 games in the field in his final year, probably half on the road. No way numbers are falling off from 20-30 games in the outfield at age 37. The use on this jersey came from somewhere else.I don't think its a backup either.

Seller has been notified. I posted now because its a buy it now with no returns. This is my jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Ben Oglivie 1986 Brewers Road Jersey on Ebay

I haven't looked at the jersey yet (I will later) but your size 40 Oglivie sounds right...a size 46 in the mid-1980s does not.

Dave Miedema

Re: Ben Oglivie 1986 Brewers Road Jersey on Ebay

The seller responded and as expected he was not accepting of the facts.

He's had the jersey for 10 minutes and suddenly knows its origins. He has now changed the description by theorizing to explain the no name in tail, size problem of changing to a 46 (way too big, Benji was rail thin), spring training usage by another, and it came from a national dealer so it has to be good (Right?). He is even attacking my jersey in his description by saying it was gifted to me from an employee for being too small. He has no knowledge when and from who I received mine. Classic misdirection to get the attention off the fact that the jersey offered for sale is not as described.

I don't speak up often, but on this one I had to. I just don't want to see a fellow collector get BURNed for big money. Smart collectors would avoid this jersey

Banned

Cool Re: Ben Oglivie 1986 Brewers Road Jersey on Ebay

The only way Benji would have EVER taken a size 46 jersey MIGHT have been when he was coaching well after his playing career was over. And that's a MAYbe, not a yes.

Dave M.