Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Worth bat labeling

I finally got a scanner and was able to scan this article on Worth bat labeling written many years ago by SCD Columnist Tim Lee.

Better late than never I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Worth Bat Article

Thanks for sharing this. It does mention in the article that sometimes the player's initials could be left off the bat (such as my McGriff example). It appears both of my bats are probably ok then.

Dating Worth Bats from 1991-1995

I am not sure there is an answer to what I am seeking, but an article posted not to long ago in the Experts Corner peaked my interest and has lead me to this question, how do you date a Worth bat that is from the 1991-1995 time period to a more specific year (i.e., 1991-1992)?

Worth Bat Labeling by Tim Lee

The article above really differentiates the periods, just like what we know with Louisville Sluggers (i.e., 82-85 or 86-89), but my research on some specific bats lead me to believe there is a indicator or two that allow more specific dating of a Worth bat from 91-95. Following are 6 screen shots of Frank Thomas bats from the 91-95 time period, but only 1 of the 6 is identified as being from 91-95. What am I not seeing? What does John Taube know about this labeling period that I can't figure out? Is it factory ordering records? Is anyone aware of ordering records that exist from Worth?

Thanks for the read and the valuable educational input you might have on this question.

Re: Dating Worth Bats from 1991-1995

The article by Tim Lee is a bit tough to follow, so following is my understanding of the time periods (beginning with 1983 and not paying attention to the 70's). Please note I didn't get into special bats or knobs, just labels.

Re: Worth bat labeling

This is great stuff TwinLakesPark!

Merged your Worth thread with the article thread and renamed "Worth bat labeling"
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.