Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Terry Bradshaw Pittsburgh Steelers jersey 1974 on Ebay

This jersey is worth looking into if your a Bradshaw or Steelers collector. Does it look legit to everyone?http://m.ebay.com/itm/1974-Terry-Bra...257Ciid%253A11

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Terry Bradshaw Pittsburgh Steelers jersey 1974 on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by bgakladd View Post
    This jersey is worth looking into if your a Bradshaw or Steelers collector. Does it look legit to everyone?http://m.ebay.com/itm/1974-Terry-Bra...257Ciid%253A11
    While the tag design looks OK, I have concerns about it:

Size 40 seems awfully small for Bradshaw, whose size, per databasefootball.com, was 6'3" and 215.

Also, the photos from Getty on the search engines for 1973, '74 and '75 show only 1 photo with Bradshaw in a long-sleeved jersey, and that none in the descriptive text is noted as "circa 1979". As many know, Getty's dating of older photos sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, which is why I checked a 3-year span of photos instead of just 1974. Photos generally show him with sleeves that stop either just above or just below the elbow.

The seller himself in the auction text hedges on its game used status. In short, without seeing it in hand, at this time I'm not fully convinced.

Dave Miedema

Re: Terry Bradshaw Pittsburgh Steelers jersey 1974 on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    While the tag design looks OK, I have concerns about it:

Size 40 seems awfully small for Bradshaw, whose size, per databasefootball.com, was 6'3" and 215.

Also, the photos from Getty on the search engines for 1973, '74 and '75 show only 1 photo with Bradshaw in a long-sleeved jersey, and that none in the descriptive text is noted as "circa 1979". As many know, Getty's dating of older photos sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, which is why I checked a 3-year span of photos instead of just 1974. Photos generally show him with sleeves that stop either just above or just below the elbow.

The seller himself in the auction text hedges on its game used status. In short, without seeing it in hand, at this time I'm not fully convinced.

Dave Miedema
    Thanks Dave, I live not too far from the seller. I am going to look at it in person and check it out.

Bradshaw wore a size 46 jersey throughout his career.

Jersey is absolutely not a game issued jersey. "74" tagging is wrong as well.

That said, it would be a nice display piece for the winner.

I had several conversions on the phone with the seller of the Bradshaw jersey. It was pulled off Ebay until he figures out exactly what he has. That would only be fair to bidders on Ebay and to the seller himself since he is uncertain to what the jersey realy is.

Not game worn...too small for Bradshaw and he didn't wear long sleeves.

Apparently the seller was offered $7500 for this jersey.

We need to keep an eye on any doctored Bradshaws hitting auction houses -- sleeves shortened, tagging switches, etc -- because that shirt is absolutely not a game worn jersey.

He didn't wear long sleeves in 74-76 and his jersey size is 46.

That's quite a high price offered for a jersey that was found in a thrift store. I went over to look at it Saturday but was told it was locked in a safe and the owner of the store was not in, so I couldn't look at it.