Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Kelly Tripucka jersey in upcoming SCP auction

I was looking through the preview of the upcoming Winter Premier auction from SCP and found an interesting jersey from Kelly Tripucka (lot 640).
    Allegedly it is attributed to his career high scoring game and then Pistons record of 56 points in a game against Chicago.
    Looking at the highlights from that game I quickly noticed that the offered jersey seems not to be the one he wore on that occasion.
    Obviously these jerseys are hard to photomatch.
    But you can clearly see that the space between the "PISTONS" wordmark and the number 7 on the front is inconsistent.
    If you put a imaginary line above the "7" you will see that it is higher than the lowest point from the letter "P" in the wordmark. On the jersey from the game footage it is way under the arched wordmark.
    The space between the name and number on the back also seems to be problematic.
    They recently sold another Tripucka jersey in the same rare style that had not this issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Kelly Tripucka jersey in upcoming SCP auction

I also emailed them and they changed the description to "the jersey from the season he scored 56" which is definitely more accurate.
    As I didn't get a response at least they didn't ignore it so I'm fine with that.