Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Dwyane Wade Meigray "Game Used Jersey"

Not a fan of this at all...I know he's transparent in his description,but ugh. It's not a Wade Gamer...it's some no name player and the jersey was turned into Wade, title is really deceptive. There is no Meigray COA, just the tagging, just could see this getting into the wrong hands and someone could pass it off as a Wade gamer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwyane-Wade-...sAAOSwcUBYTyFn

Re: Dwyane Wade Meigray "Game Used Jersey"

And it is at 530$ with 23 bids. Do these people even read the description? In my opinion this Frankenstein is almost worse than a straight up retail jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by astizzle View Post
    And it is at 530$ with 23 bids. Do these people even read the description? In my opinion this Frankenstein is almost worse than a straight up retail jersey.
    Probably not, they just see "Dwyane Wade Game Used Jersey" and bid away

Banned

Angry Re: Dwyane Wade Meigray "Game Used Jersey"

Creating a jersey like this isn't in and of itself illegal, only misrepresentation of it is. Still, there've been instances of this over the years in all of the major sports...Items that are sold for what they truly are, but then offered as something bigger once they enter the secondary market. The original owner's miscue is not having the foresight to see what could happen down the road. He sold it for what it was to the seller, and the seller has offered it for what it was, also...but there's no way to control what the person who buys this will do with it. Not everyone thinks ahead in situations like this.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Creating a jersey like this isn't in and of itself illegal, only misrepresentation of it is. Still, there've been instances of this over the years in all of the major sports...Items that are sold for what they truly are, but then offered as something bigger once they enter the secondary market. The original owner's miscue is not having the foresight to see what could happen down the road. He sold it for what it was to the seller, and the seller has offered it for what it was, also...but there's no way to control what the person who buys this will do with it. Not everyone thinks ahead in situations like this.

Dave Miedema
    Spot on...that's my concern. Who's to say the winner of this auction will just entirely drop the backstory concerning this jersey and reauction it off as a legit Wade Gamer. The only thing of course that I would HOPE people would look at is that it comes with no Meigray paperwork, but then again, "the paperwork got lost but it still has the tag" excuse would be put into play.

Well, he's got the Wade on auction again, and now he's got a Rose too, with the same story

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derrick-Rose...8AAOSw4GVYT3c3

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Dwyane Wade Meigray "Game Used Jersey"

Yeah...a friend just alerted me to this. If you read the entire description, the truth is shown, but if you just look at the auction title, it's misleading and inaccurate. The only good thing is that the high bid seems to reflect the item's true status ($220), so people do seem to be noting the description. Of course, the winner, as we've mentioned before, could turn around and outright fully misrepresent it. I have a feeling that, at some point, this is not gonna end well.

Dave M.

Wade's up again for the 3rd time lol

Went uo to 1325$ then buyer never paid