Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I can't believe what Lelands has done.

Lelands showed real class in their email that was sent out to people on their mailing list this morning. Their wording was totally uncalled for. Here is what they emailed.

Size Matters
    Shaquille O'Neal Worn Shoes For Sale
    The biggest goddamn feet in the NBA comes right to your doorstep courtesy of Lelands.com and Shaquille O'Neal himself. Shaq has cleaned out his closet and these size 22 sneakers and shoes are perfect for your private collection, sports bar, restaurant, home, and great fun at parties. Each and every single shoe is signed by him "Shaq". Each single or pair will come with a Letter of Authenticity signed by Shaquille O'Neal himself!!!

Banned

Re: I can't believe what Lelands has done.

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
    Lelands showed real class in their email that was sent out to people on their mailing list this morning. Their wording was totally uncalled for. Here is what they emailed.

Size Matters
    Shaquille O'Neal Worn Shoes For Sale
    The biggest goddamn feet in the NBA comes right to your doorstep courtesy of Lelands.com and Shaquille O'Neal himself. Shaq has cleaned out his closet and these size 22 sneakers and shoes are perfect for your private collection, sports bar, restaurant, home, and great fun at parties. Each and every single shoe is signed by him "Shaq". Each single or pair will come with a Letter of Authenticity signed by Shaquille O'Neal himself!!!
    rose14-
    What did you find so offensive or classless? The wording "SIZE MATTERS" or "goddamn"???????

Assuming Lelands is trying to first, catch your attention and then sell shoes, this email blast proves quite effective.

Curious to hear your response.......

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

First of all I think its obvious what word I am talking about and if your not sure it's not Size Matters. I am sure Lelands could have used other ways to catch attention like just using the word damn. Why did they have to add God to it? I know alot of people say it and I aso have been guilty of saying it but in my opinion an auction house such as Lelands should have thought better before sending that email out.

What's next from Lelands? You wont believe the fu#$ing $hit that we have coming up in our next auction.

I would say it's a little to more than a little un-professional, for there is an underlying issue here, religion.

Not everyone "believes" what others believe .

The auction house should've thought about offending their customers who are religious .

My belief is "Freedom of Religion" is also "Freedom FROM Religion" . I believe (not sure of what) a little in my heart and will say little prays to myself and almost always keep them to myself . I don't think you need to go to a multi-million dollar church and donate money to be "faithful" or a "believer". Without religion this world would be without many of the wars and battles being fought now and for centuries past . I don't go to church, you can have church in your own mind if you wish ........ Peace to all !!!

I am not one of those religious types that freak out over every little thing. In fact I haven't attend a church service in who only knows how long, but I still think it was disrespectful, unprofessional and really served no purpose. I am sure there are deeply religious collectors out there that would find this appalling and could possibly hurt future business.

I just think Lelands needs to think and be more respectful before they do the questionable things that they have done ie; attempting to auction off pieces of the plane that Roberto Clemente died on. It's not going to stop me from bidding on thier items but who knows about the next person.

I agree , I bet they do lose at least a few customers ..... and field some complaints too......

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
    ie; attempting to auction off pieces of the plane that Roberto Clemente died on.
    I thought that they never found the plane? Maybe not, but is this in their current auction?

No, they tried to auction it about a year or so but it was later pulled from the auction after some bad publicity from the Clemente family.

Banned

rose14 or camerokid-
    Did either of you bother to contact Lelands and voice your concern? I made a simple phone call and as such, you can expect the "offensive wording" to be changed in a few minutes.

Rest easy and enjoy your weekend-

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Wolf, I didn't care to contact Lelands as I wasn't offended. I just posted this because I couldn't believe they would send out an email to all of their customers worded like that. They can't go back and change what was emailed this morning. I think whoever is in charge of the PR department needs to really change thier way of thinking.

It was not a good business decision and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to think otherwise. Then again maybe they are rocket scientists as it has been a bad week for NASA.