Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mlb Authentication

With the many errors found within the MLB Authentication program, this one is a concern for me. Bucket of home plate dirt from Arod’s 3,000th hit game, authenticated by MLB Authentication Program - HZ754914 in June 2015. Steiner takes the already authenticated bucket of dirt, puts the dirt in individual bottles in May 2016, and then MLB Authentication Program gives Steiner individual hologram stickers to put on each individual bottle, 11 months later. Bottles are not sealed and can be open. My concern is how do I know this is the same dirt from that bucket. Definitely have a problem with the MLB Authentication Program providing holograms 11 months later, when the dirt has been out of their possession and/or sight for 11 months. Not to mention the errors in the Additional Information section. HZ754914 reads "Home plate dirt from AROD's 3,000 hit game" and HB325489 reads "AROD 3000Hit game bucket with Hologram HZ754914." Yeah, I know. This isn’t a game used jersey or bat or something big, but the integrity of the program does come into question for me. Maybe I'm just picking this apart too much. I initially wanted one, but this prevented me buying one. I did communicate all of my issues and/or concerns with the seller prior to posting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Mlb Authentication

Have you asked Steiner? Could the buckets have the tamper proof seal and then when Steiner does something with the bucket MLB is on hand with the new holograms.

When MLB authenticates a bucket of dirt they seal it with tape and place the hologram in a way that makes it tamper proof otherwise it will destroy the MLB hologram. If the dirt had been opened or messed with prior to the reauthentication MLB would not have reauthenticated it. I have done this with MLB with 5 gallon buckets of dirt.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

As far as the jars not being sealed I can't really address that. I doubt a company like Steiner would ruin their reputation over the collectibility of dirt, but the bottles should have had a seal put on them after.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com