Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: LSU Holy Grail

olegreg

LSU Holy Grail

Evening all. Bit of a lurker but I've recently acquired two holy grails, of which I'd like to share. I collect almost exclusively LSU items. LSU holy grail items, in most collectors books, would include: 1958 championship rings, 1958 game worn jerseys, Billy Cannon game jersey, anything from Doc Fenton or the Bicardi bowl.
    This past July I purchased a 1958 championship ring from the family of a former member.

I then, 3 weeks later, won in an estate auction of another sports collector (Gus), a 1958 game used jersey of former player Tommy Davis. Davis was a key cog in LSU remaining undefeated as a FB, LB, and K and also had a long, distinguished career in the NFL.The jersey came from a former 1958 player and was sold on eBay to Gus in 2005. I then purchased it from his estate.

The jersey would have to be my favorite and IMO is far more rare. I know hardware, such as rings, are the highest tier on most collectors lists, however this is the only 1958 LSU jersey I've ever seen. There are plenty of rings out there, just not for sale.

Banned

Question Re: LSU Holy Grail

Who made that LSU gamer? It's a great college piece!

Dave Miedema

olegreg

Re: LSU Holy Grail

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Who made that LSU gamer? It's a great college piece!

Dave Miedema
    I appreciate it. Champion produced them

Banned

Smile Re: LSU Holy Grail

Quote Originally Posted by olegreg View Post
    I appreciate it. Champion produced them

Thanks, Greg.

Dave M.

Did the 1957 LSU have sewn numbers instead of printed? I had no idea they started screening back then.

olegreg

Quote Originally Posted by kensica5 View Post
    Did the 1957 LSU have sewn numbers instead of printed? I had no idea they started screening back then.
    The 1957 jerseys, adept a different style (different numbers and no numbers on the shoulders) were printed the same as the 1958.