Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chris Sale Scratched From Tonight's Start Because He Cut Up Throwback Jerseys

Multiple sources say that Chris Sale was scratched from his start tonight (7/23/2016) because he finds the throwback jerseys uncomfortable and had a disagreement with the team. He supposedly asked the team to wear them on his off days, and the proceed to cut the jerseys up in the clubhouse after they told him no.

Assuming all of this is true, what do you think would happen if the White Sox sold these jerseys? Would they sell for a premium because of the story?

Re: Chris Sale Scratched From Tonight's Start Because He Cut Up Throwback Jerseys

What is this TMZ Sports lol

Banned

Question Re: Chris Sale Scratched From Tonight's Start Because He Cut Up Throwback Jerseys

It's not a joke. Len Kasper and Jim DeShaies discussed this during this evening's Cubs game telecast. I was under the impression, from their discussion, however, that he only destroyed his jersey. Did he mutilate the others, also?

Dave Miedema

Banned

Angry Re: Chris Sale Scratched From Tonight's Start Because He Cut Up Throwback Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    It's not a joke. Len Kasper and Jim DeShaies discussed this during this evening's Cubs game telecast. I was under the impression, from their discussion, however, that he only destroyed his jersey. Did he mutilate the others, also?

Dave Miedema
    It looks like he may have trashed all, or at least many of them. I just checked Getty Iamges for game photos, and the Sox are wearing the 1983-style unis that they wear as a home alternate on a limited basis. The throwbacks they were supposed to wear tonight (and that Sale trashed) were versions of the 1976 Bill Veeck designed unis.

Dave M.

Re: Chris Sale Scratched From Tonight's Start Because He Cut Up Throwback Jerseys

Crybaby
    Egotist
    Narcissist
    Princess
    Self-centered
    Spoiled brat

I looked up all these words and they all had the same definition:

Name:  chris-sale-baseball-headshot-photo.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  32.1 KB
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Wow, Just wow!! Is this guy self-centered or what? I think the only good thing to come out of it was that I remembered to order my Bo Jackson bobblehead with proceeds supporting White Sox Charities. Big Bo fan from way back in the day so even though he is not in a Royals jersey it still fits into my Bo Jackson collection. Sale could take some humanity lessons from a good guy like Jackson.

If the jersey really didn't fit the players correctly and was uncomfortable to play in, let alone pitch in, I can understand why he refused to wear it. Why would he want to risk having a bad outing just so the sox can sell some more jerseys.

Read article
    Hysterical
    Sadly it will hurt my fantasy team, especially if he goes to Texas where he is rumored to go.
    But how nuts is that
    How can He not be suspended for destroying team property?

I'll throw in my 2 cents in defense of Sale...

If I'm not mistaken, most teams do allow for their starting pitcher to have influence over the jersey worn for the day when they take the mound. If the term disregarded the concern and felt coinciding promotions was more important then Sale's input... Starting pitchers are superstitious on game days with most holding to a set routine and some will not even have a conversation with anyone....confidence is king and Sale gave his input on what he felt confident and comfortable with...He expressed his opinion and was ignored and in his mind the team cared more about the PR than winning.

I imagine these jerseys all were just increased in value with this story...Hopefully they can be auctioned off for a cause and bring a positive to this story.

Would they sell for a premium because of the story?
    Yes, I believe they will sell for top dollar. But if I was the owner, they would go with a mug shot of him for destroying private property. There is no way to defend Sale for this act of childish behavior. A grown man walks to the coaches office and says " Coach you mind skipping me today. I don't think I can perform in this jersey. " And if he says no. You just say. " Well I'm not playing today." But no, this guy grabs a pair of shears and goes to town on everyone's jerseys? What's he going to cut up next? Hide the scissors! Here comes Sale!
    This guy is a great pitcher. But he'll probably be remembered for cutting up everyone's jerseys, because he didn't want to play baseball.