Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Chris Sale Scratched From Tonight's Start Because He Cut Up Throwback Jerseys

They should make him pitch his next game in this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Chris Sale Scratched From Tonight's Start Because He Cut Up Throwback Jerseys

This story reminds me of something I saw first hand at a Rays throwback game in June 2007.....

The Rays were playing the Dodgers, and the Rays were wearing flannel St. Pete Saints jerseys. I owed one of those game used uniforms, and I can attest those specific Saints jerseys were very boxy and tight in the arms. Anyways, during warm ups for the Game, I saw Scott Kazmir working in the bullpen down the 1st base side and he looked very uncomfortable in the uniform. Kazmir said something to a nearby assistant, the assistant ran into the clubhouse and another individual came out to talk to Kazmir, at this point Kazmir got off the bullpen mound and had words with the assitants. Both assistants tried to make some makeshift adjustments to the jersey, in particular the left arm area. After no avail, one of the assistants took out a scissors started cutting under the left jersey arm area, to make the jersey not as tight and boxy by the arm. Even after the cutting Kazmir looked annoyed and displeased with the uniform he was wearing. The incident didn't escalate into anything larger, but I am sure that uniform was something Kazmir wanted to wear by being the starting pitcher that day.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I lost a lot of respect for this guy after this stunt. His tantrum reminds me of the snowflake college students in our universities who whine and take offense anytime someone offers a thought contrary to their own views. I wonder where Sale's "safe space" will be before he's eligible to return on Thursday?

Dave Miedema
    I agree! Maybe he will hide out in the janitor's closet?
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Lol.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Wink Re: Chris Sale Scratched From Tonight's Start Because He Cut Up Throwback Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    They should make him pitch his next game in this

But I don't WANNA be a pirate!

Dave M.