Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: October 2016 Pickups

Finally picked up my Holy Grail:

Albert Pujols game used St. Louis Cardinals 2004 World Series road jersey (worn during the World Series, NLCS as well as many games in the second half of the 2004 season as per the multiple photomatches).
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mike Trout Career HOMERUN #154
    Correa RBI single

Alex Bregman 1st career TRIPLE

Added some more Trailblazers practice/warmup gear to my stash

2015-16 Damian Lillard warmup shorts
    2015-16 Noah Vonleh NBA FIT shooting shirt
    2015-16 Ed Davis Veteran's Day shooting shirt

Just acquired a Pepper Martin rookie-year bat, side written "John Martin 8/22/28," as well as a 1922-25 Marty McManus for my 1922 St. Louis Browns collection.

My buddy Alex (guu: Sherba15) and I found probably one of the biggest of Cardinal hits of all time and in the top 15 of all hits in the World Series ever.........THE DAVID FREESE 2011 WORLD SERIES GAME 6 BOTTOM OF THE 9TH WITH 2 OUTS TWO ON AND TWO STRIKES TRIPLE THAT TIED THE GAME FOR THE CARDINALS AND FORCED A GAME 7. Freese in the below article says he considers it a bigger hit than his walk off home run in the bottom of the 11th.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...eason_wit.html

The ball was sold by Highland Mint to us as the VERY NEXT pitch following the triple and was authenticated as such...."ball in the dirt Yadier Molina". Once we tracked the ball after the triple by Freese from youtube videos we were able to see that pitcher Feliz never threw the ball in for a new one and quickly Molina came up to bat for that pitch in the dirt. After the pitch in the dirt the ball was thrown out and authenticated. Needless to say we were excited to find this very important historical baseball that seemed to be lost to time. Upon receiving the ball we also noted a black bat mark on the ball. Freese batted with a black bat in the 9th.

Although we love the baseball its impossible to split it in two and so we have sent the ball into Goldin Auctions via Ken Goldin. Goldin has sold so many big game artifacts and so it was really the only place to consider. We look forward to the auction Ken!

Heres a link to the ranking of the hit and some other huge WS moments:

http://grantland.com/features/mlb-wi...ra-yogi-berra/

Perhaps you guys can share custody. You get the ball on even weeks and Alex gets the ball on odd weeks, and you can flip a coin to figure out who gets the ball for the different holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    My buddy Alex (guu: Sherba15) and I found probably one of the biggest of Cardinal hits of all time and in the top 15 of all hits in the World Series ever.........THE DAVID FREESE 2011 WORLD SERIES GAME 6 BOTTOM OF THE 9TH WITH 2 OUTS TWO ON AND TWO STRIKES TRIPLE THAT TIED THE GAME FOR THE CARDINALS AND FORCED A GAME 7. Freese in the below article says he considers it a bigger hit than his walk off home run in the bottom of the...

Although we love the baseball its impossible to split it in two and so we have sent the ball into Goldin Auctions via Ken Goldin. Goldin has sold so many big game artifacts and so it was really the only place to consider. We look forward to the auction Ken!

Found this at an estate sale in suburban Chicago -- Jack Lamabe's game-used jersey from the St. Louis Cardinals 1967 World Series championship season. It has a 1966 Set 1 tag because it was originally worn by coach Joe Becker that season as you can see the vague outline of Becker's name and No. 4 on the back. This jersey was obviously recycled by the team when Lamabe was acquired from the Mets during the 1967 season. Lamabe went 3-4 with 4 saves and a 2.83 ERA for the Cards that year and pitched in three games in the World Series.

Dave
    salukidave@comcast.net

It's no 60's Cards jersey, but one more Blazers shooting shirt I picked up today
    2015-16 Al-Farouk Aminu Black History Month shooting shirt (photomatched).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Just acquired a Pepper Martin rookie-year bat, side written "John Martin 8/22/28," as well as a 1922-25 Marty McManus for my 1922 St. Louis Browns collection.

Awesome bat! I jut saw a signed 1933 Goudey card of Pepper on eBay...it might make a cool companion piece.

Dave Miedema