Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

I hope no one here bought this...

item # 262534742883
    I'm sad things like this happen this egregiously.
    This had SSOO many issues I dont even know where to start.
    Number font is incorrect, cut is incorrect, lack of tagging, nample plate should only be as long as the name AND its also the incorrect font. Wrong champion logo size and location for 1994...

I've always wondered who to feel bad for and blame with things like this..
    Did the seller get taken the 1st time around, and now doesn't know any better?
    If thats the case this would prob open up a inconvenient and disappointing can of worms.
    They seem to be a collector as they have many other items listed... if thats the case, just some simple, SIMPLE, homework would show that this was a bad shirt. Are they aware and just passing along their bad fortune?
    I know its tough to be an expert on all teams, and thats sadly how some bad shirts get LOA's accompanying them.
    In this instance, this was no doubt a blank (by the look of the cut seemingly retail) authentic jersey that someone tried to match champion font as close as they could BUT didnt pay attention to detail. They put the numbers, name (worst part of this IMO as its not even close) and even sewed the 1994 patches on it in an attempt to make it look like something its not.

I did try to help. Its tough, because you never want to come off as a jerk. That being said, $600 is a lot of scratch. It'd suck if this was an honest mistake and the seller needed $$ for something, sold it, then had to refund later because it was indeed fake. Bad feedback also stinks if the seller really had no idea. I pointed the aforementioned issues out to this seller and tried to give him and idea via pics. I made sure not to come off as a know it all or wanting to put down his jersey.

I never heard back, but checked to see if it was still listed and saw it sold for MUCH more than some good ones have that have popped on the bay in the last couple years.

My intent isnt to drag this seller through the mud, and although I use this partucluar shirt as an example in hopes of helping out a fellow boardie who may of got it - I'm also curious about the ethics as outlined above and how you guys feel about these situations. Is the onus on the seller or buyer?
    This particular seller has quite a few for sale, and although I have doubts about another 1 or 2 - I can only speak with 100% certainty on the Kelly as he and Bills jerseys are my area of expertise - so i'll just keep my mouth shut about those.

Thanks for the read and opinions. Please find comparison pics showing the details above...

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Re: I hope no one here bought this...

sssoooo..... do u guys think more often than not its sellers not realizing what they have isnt the real deal, or trying to pull one over on less knowledgeable buyers?

That's a hard question to answer.

Over the years you see certain ebay sellers continuously pump out fake or altered items. Even when called out and with posts about them on here they still continue to do it. So I think it's a mix of both crooks and the unknowing.

I think it all comes down to what kind of person you are. There are wolves and sheep and sheepdogs.

Im not sure how this auction came to an end. It was a 4 day auction, but now its ended and shows as sold for like 5and change. Maybe he changed it to bin after getting an offer. Ya feel bad, but at the same time if you dont do research when you drop 500 plus, thats kinda a bad look as well. Who knows, maybe the buyer felt good about it. Ya never know i guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    I think it all comes down to what kind of person you are. There are wolves and sheep and sheepdogs.
    This makes sense... I guess its just sad that no one will ever know ;/