Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Peyton Manning 5 Touchdown Jersey.....

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    It is well-known among Peyton collectors that he wears two jerseys per game. He switches at the half. I've never before heard of him wearing more than two jerseys in a game. If there is photographic proof of him wearing three jerseys in the same game, I'd be interested to see it, as this would defy what I've been told by Broncos team personnel.
    If memory serves correct NFL auctions has auctioned off at least one Peyton jersey that he only wore during pregame.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    If memory serves correct NFL auctions has auctioned off at least one Peyton jersey that he only wore during pregame.
    I think I do recall seeing a BCA benefit for a pre-game warmup jersey via NFL auctions, but I’m not sure how often he will wear a jersey specifically for warmups only.
    I do think I have also seen Peyton wearing pink BCA wristbands for pre-game warmups only and switching to white wristbands for the game. I can’t imagine too many collectors would consider pre-game as game worn. Game-worn is generally understood as worn in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    Hi Corey.... No question this is a fantastic jersey. What makes it tough is when an athlete signs or inscribes something that's not true or misleading. I am curious why Manning signed it "5 TD's" when he knows he wears multiple shirts. That's what has me confused.
    After doing some further research, I found a Peyton Manning jersey inscribed "9-29-13" with "4 TD's." This is an additional example where Peyton has signed/inscribed the jersey with the full game statistics -- even though this specific jersey is only worn during the first half of the week four game vs Philadelphia Eagles. Peyton only threw one touchdown pass in the first half of the game. The other three touchdown passes were thrown in the second half (totaling 4 TD's against the Eagles). The images of the first-half jersey inscribed with "4 TD's" are provided below:

1ST HALF JERSEY WITH FULL GAME STATS INSCRIPTIONS:

The image below is taken from the live broadcast at end of the end of the 2nd quarter with about 1:06 remaining right before Peyton gets sacked show Peyton Manning wearing the first half jersey (with the dirt/blood-stained spot on the jersey number)

1ST HALF JERSEY

additional first half image:

1ST HALF JERSEY

The images from the end of the 4th quarter of the 2013 game vs Philadelphia show Peyton Manning wearing a new/different jersey in the second half (without the dirt/blood-stained spot on the jersey number)

2ND HALF JERSEY

2ND HALF JERSEY

It's great to have access to several databases with images/information so we could all reach some clarity on a few of Peyton Manning's awesome and historic game jerseys! Initially, the beginning of the thread appeared to be a smear campaign aimed at tarnishing a game-worn jersey from one of Peyton's great performances during his historic 2013 MVP and record-setting season, but after further research it's safe to say that Peyton signs/inscribes his game-worn jerseys with his full game statistics. Given the evidence in its entirety, I would say that it's safe to say that Peyton inscribes his full game statistics on his game-worn/game-used jerseys regardless of whether it's a first-half or second-half jersey. Inscribing a game jersey with only his partial (first or second half) statistics would get confusing or seem odd/weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    That may be. For all I know, he could wear 10 jerseys before each game. But my post you quoted (#19) was addressing game worn jerseys, not pre-game.

Quote Originally Posted by coureymarshall View Post
    I can’t imagine too many collectors would consider pre-game as game worn. Game-worn is generally understood as worn in the game.
    Bingo.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

It is fact that Manning has worn a pre game jersey and that jersey was auctioned as such. I am not making the distinction between game worn and or pre game worn....just simply saying he has worn up to three jerseys per game.

A "smear campaign"??? No....but rather a truthful, honest and forthcoming post that was designed to save a buyer potentially thousands of dollars and also a possible problem for Goldin Auctions. Imagine someone buying that jersey believing it was a 5 touchdown shirt. They pay a king's ransom for it. Then....6 months later they find out it was not a 5 TD jersey. Ken Goldin could be in a serious pickle.

Now you as the seller want top dollar for it. The fact is my post revealed the TRUTH about your jersey. Don't you want the potential buyer to know exactly what they are buying? The purpose of this board is to discuss game used memorabilia in an open, honest and credible manner. My post did exactly that. If you are upset that I revealed FACTS about your jersey...that may...MAY...cause the selling price to be less than it would have been....then so be it. That is something you need to deal with. This was never a smear campaign....it was a truth campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by coureymarshall View Post
    After doing some further research, I found a Peyton Manning jersey inscribed "9-29-13" with "4 TD's." This is an additional example where Peyton has signed/inscribed the jersey with the full game statistics -- even though this specific jersey is only worn during the first half of the week four game vs Philadelphia Eagles. Peyton only threw one touchdown pass in the first half of the game. The other three touchdown passes were thrown in the second half (totaling 4 TD's against the Eagles). The images of the first-half jersey inscribed with "4 TD's" are provided below:

1ST HALF JERSEY WITH FULL GAME STATS INSCRIPTIONS:

The image below is taken from the live broadcast at end of the end of the 2nd quarter with about 1:06 remaining right before Peyton gets sacked show Peyton Manning wearing the first half jersey (with the dirt/blood-stained spot on the jersey number)

1ST HALF JERSEY

additional first half image:

1ST HALF JERSEY

The images from the end of the 4th quarter of the 2013 game vs Philadelphia show Peyton Manning wearing a new/different jersey in the second half (without the dirt/blood-stained spot on the jersey number)

2ND HALF JERSEY

2ND HALF JERSEY

It's great to have access to several databases with images/information so we could all reach some clarity on a few of Peyton Manning's awesome and historic game jerseys! Initially, the beginning of the thread appeared to be a smear campaign aimed at tarnishing a game-worn jersey from one of Peyton's great performances during his historic 2013 MVP and record-setting season, but after further research it's safe to say that Peyton signs/inscribes his game-worn jerseys with his full game statistics. Given the evidence in its entirety, I would say that it's safe to say that Peyton inscribes his full game statistics on his game-worn/game-used jerseys regardless of whether it's a first-half or second-half jersey. Inscribing a game jersey with only his partial (first or second half) statistics would get confusing or seem odd/weird.

Courey.... On a final note.... As the seller of this jersey you feel that I'm on a smear campaign. If you were the buyer I have a suspicion you'd feel quite differently.

A "smear campaign"??? No....but rather a truthful, honest and forthcoming post that was designed to save a buyer potentially thousands of dollars and also a possible problem for Goldin Auctions. Imagine someone buying that jersey believing it was a 5 touchdown shirt. They pay a king's ransom for it. Then....6 months later they find out it was not a 5 TD jersey. Ken Goldin could be in a serious pickle.

Now you as the seller want top dollar for it. The fact is my post revealed the TRUTH about your jersey. Don't you want the potential buyer to know exactly what they are buying? The purpose of this board is to discuss game used memorabilia in an open, honest and credible manner. My post did exactly that. If you are upset that I revealed FACTS about your jersey...that may...MAY...cause the selling price to be less than it would have been....then so be it. That is something you need to deal with. This was never a smear campaign....it was a truth campaign.

I'm actually a huge Peyton Manning and thrilled that you brought this to everyone's attention, including myself. I am a passionate fan and truly enjoy learning all of the intricate details within the hobby, as well. After researching several past auctions and several images/videos, I think everyone is under the consensus that Peyton typically will wear two game jerseys (one in the first half and one in the second half) -- just as you mention in one your threads from 2014.

I am thankful you started the thread for the following reasons:
    1) it highlights the jersey was worn in the second half only - 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions 11 for 15 passing and 221 passing yards leading a second-half comeback victory!
    2) it helped me learn more and gather more evidence on Peyton Manning jerseys (since the Panini contract with Denver Broncos beginning in 2013)
    3) it offers free advertising for the jersey in the auction and provided me a chance to promote why the jersey is one of the finest examples available to the public market (see below)

This specific game was one of only three games in Peyton Manning's career where he threw for 5+ TD passes and over 400+ passing yards. The only two other career games in which he threw 5+ TD passes and over 400+ passing yards where:
    1) 2013 win vs Baltimore in 2013
    2) 2003 loss at Kansas City

Other notables.... This jersey was part of Peyton Manning's 2013 historic season!

2013 RECORDS:
    2013 – NFL league MVP (5th league MVP award)
    2013 – single season touchdown passes record (55 TD passes)
    2013 – single season passing yards record (5477 passing yards)
    2013 – single season most points scored (606 points)

NOTEWORTHY:
    The December 1, 2013, game at Kansas City was (1 of only 3) career games where Peyton Manning threw 5+ TD passes and 400+ passing yards.

I never said it was a smear campaign... I only made the claim that the thread "appeared" to be a smear campaign.
    Being the big fan/collector you are, I am under the impression you desperately want the jersey. I am not sure how many more (if any) better Peyton gamers are out there on the open market. The thread appeared to written in such a way that you were trying to deter bidding (so you as a bidder/collector could possibly get the jersey at a much cheaper price).
    However, I realize my assumptions were wrong and you are just a huge Peyton Manning fan, like myself, with a wealth of knowledge, only looking to give everyone involved a fair and honest opportunity. The community needs more great guys like you!
    Thanks so much for your efforts!

Courey....I have owned 5 different Manning gamers. I assure you of two things: I did not do this to deter ANY bidder and i do not want this jersey. Those are facts.

I wish you the best in the auction.

Courey....I have owned 5 different Manning gamers. I assure you of two things: I did not do this to deter ANY bidder and i do not want this jersey. Those are facts.

I wish you the best in the auction.

Thanks, Joe! Appreciate the wishes, and thanks for all the information, expertise and honesty you have added!

PS - this jersey would be an awesome addition to your collection