Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Peyton Manning 5 Touchdown Jersey.....

I searched your email on my server
    Comcast has had outages which we have posted and emailed about
    But there is no email from your account in all of 2016
    Have you ever texted or emailed me and not gotten a reply?

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    I searched your email on my server
    Comcast has had outages which we have posted and emailed about
    But there is no email from your account in all of 2016
    Have you ever texted or emailed me and not gotten a reply?
    Ken as a matter of fact I do recall not getting some replies. I just assumed you were busy. As I said before I am on your side.

Good evening, Joe,
    Thanks for taking the time to upload the first half and second half photos. I submitted the jersey to Goldin Auctions for the auction.
    I believe it is common knowledge amongst majority Peyton Manning collectors that Peyton wears a first half and second half jersey since 2013 (with Panini's contract with the Denver Broncos), but I appreciate you taking the time and making the effort to clarify.
    Luckily, this jersey was from the second half when Peyton threw 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions and helped completed a second half comeback victory at Kansas City.
    If you would like, I have several additional photo matches from Getty Images and CBS' live broadcast that I can provide. Also, I would be more than happy to answer or address any of your concerns or questions.
    Thanks for your time and interest - all the best!
    Very respectfully,
    Courey M

Hi Corey.... No question this is a fantastic jersey. What makes it tough is when an athlete signs or inscribes something that's not true or misleading. I am curious why Manning signed it "5 TD's" when he knows he wears multiple shirts. That's what has me confused.

No worries, Joe, and thanks for the compliment!

My guess is he inscribed the jersey as "5 TD's" and "Dec 1" because it was the jersey he wore at Kansas City on December 1, 2013, where he threw for a total of 5 touchdown passes. I imagine he probably thought it would be odd/weird and create more confusion if he inscribed the jersey as "3 TD's" when he threw a total of 5 TD's passes during the game.

This specific game was one of only three games in Peyton Manning's career where he threw for 5+ TD passes and over 400+ passing yards. The only two other career games in which he threw 5+ TD passes and over 400+ passing yards where:
    1) 2013 win vs Baltimore in 2013
    2) 2003 loss at Kansas City

Other notables.... This jersey was part of Peyton Manning's 2013 historic season!

2013 RECORDS:
    2013 – NFL league MVP (5th league MVP award)
    2013 – single season touchdown passes record (55 TD passes)
    2013 – single season passing yards record (5477 passing yards)
    2013 – single season most points scored (606 points)

NOTEWORTHY:
    The December 1, 2013, game at Kansas City was (1 of only 3) career games where Peyton Manning threw 5+ TD passes and 400+ passing yards.

Thanks so much for the interest and compliments, Joe! Please feel free to message me anytime!
    Very respectfully,
    Courey M

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    Hi Corey.... No question this is a fantastic jersey. What makes it tough is when an athlete signs or inscribes something that's not true or misleading. I am curious why Manning signed it "5 TD's" when he knows he wears multiple shirts. That's what has me confused.

Holy cow, not sure how I missed this jersey when I was going through the auction. I just bid on it. Amazing piece!
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

my only question is how and when does he wear 3 per game? One warm up before game, one at 1st half and when in the 2nd half?

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    my only question is how and when does he wear 3 per game? One warm up before game, one at 1st half and when in the 2nd half?
    Here is an example of a first half and second half jersey from the 2013 season (Denver Broncos vs Jacksonville Jaguars).

The jersey images provided in the thread below are from the first half of the 2013 game vs Jacksonville Jaguars (link and image below):

1ST HALF JERSEY
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...952#post340952

1ST HALF JERSEY

The images from the end of the 4th quarter of the 2013 game vs Jacksonville show Peyton Manning wearing a new/different jersey in the second half (the dirt-stained spot on the left shoulder is not there)

2ND HALF JERSEY

2ND HALF JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    It is well-known among Peyton collectors that he wears two jerseys per game. He switches at the half. I've never before heard of him wearing more than two jerseys in a game. If there is photographic proof of him wearing three jerseys in the same game, I'd be interested to see it, as this would defy what I've been told by Broncos team personnel.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    It is well-known among Peyton collectors that he wears two jerseys per game. He switches at the half. I've never before heard of him wearing more than two jerseys in a game.
    I believe you are 100% correct! Doctor Loomis also supports this theory in one of his previous threads when describing the Peyton game jersey he owns from the 2014 week one game vs Indianapolis...
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    With about 5 mins to go in the 4th quarter I noticed his jersey was as clean as a whistle. About a minute later he is sacked and he gets blood on the "1" on the front of the jersey. It appears to be 3 spots and it is clear as a bell. My jersey does NOT have the blood....so....that means I have the first half shirt.

Here is an additional example of a first half and second half jersey from week one of the 2014 season (Denver Broncos vs Indianapolis Colts). The jersey images provided in the thread below are from the first half of the 2014 game vs Indianapolis Colts (link and image below):

1ST HALF JERSEY
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...=manning+colts

1ST HALF JERSEY

The images from the end of the 4th quarter of the 2014 game vs Indianapolis show Peyton Manning wearing a new/different jersey in the second half (see the dirt/blood-stained spot on the jersey number)

2ND HALF JERSEY

2ND HALF JERSEY