Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Get the front of back of a jersey signed

If you have a game worn jersey do you prefer to get the front of the back of it signed. Front has the tags and may show more use, but back is the name. (for all intents and purposes this is if you're going to get it framed and will never see one of the sides again.)

Re: Get the front of back of a jersey signed

For me it depends on the jersey. If there is no name on the back, I may opt for the front to be signed. Genetically speaking though, I prefer to have it signed on the back to display the name and you can fold the sleeves to showcase any team patches etc.

I have a game issued rookie jersey - first game ever for that player (although preseason).. Met him and had the back signed... I display the front though since I want the team displayed.. I still like the back since it has his name... I would do the back, or if you want to display the front with team name, maybe do both sides?... especially if you don't plan on selling it.... Just word of advice.. use a paint pen.. I used a permanent silver sharpie on dark blue.. looked good at the signing, but very light now...

On the original post, back of jersey is the usual place I've seen most signed. Silver sharpies are notorius for fading on jerseys, pucks, etc. Use a silver paint pen on dark numbers for jerseys. Probably more on this subject in the autograph section.

I would recommend, unless you just really want your jersey framed, to get a display case that you can remove the jersey from. That way you can change it out to display either side. I have a jersey framed and it looks nice, but I would like to be able to remove it sometimes.

stlbats

I usually only want the backs of jerseys signed too, but im seeing in some cases with some basketball jerseys all of the fun life to them in the front and the back is rather boring...... or in some football cases most of the grass stains are on the front... so it brought up this debate in my mind when it comes to framing.

For me a football jersey I would have the back signed but for a baseball or basketball jersey I'd have the front with the team name / logo visible signed. Of course that depends on if you can actually READ the name. If its a scribble and no way can you tell who it is it might be better to get the back with the nameplate.

I hear that. Most football jerseys with the exception of some teams with patches, are pretty plain on the front and the back is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer Madden View Post
    For me a football jersey I would have the back signed but for a baseball or basketball jersey I'd have the front with the team name / logo visible signed. Of course that depends on if you can actually READ the name. If its a scribble and no way can you tell who it is it might be better to get the back with the nameplate.