Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What's happening with Mets game used outlets?

I would give them more time to get their inventory into shape. I don't believe the Mets would outsource their game used. they have a small staff and the volume of stuff coming in from spring training and now the regular season it's probably better they stop the ship now and get the inventory in order. I am sure things will be better after the changes are implemented.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

David, you have a close relationship with them and hopefully what you say is true..but, I was told no new system, just a recount...so, if this is the case, why not count all the bats, for example, and, release them..they are missing on valuable selling days as inventory accumulates..if the decide to go outside prices will get silly and inventory will build further.
    Just wondering if Pads and Rangers sell at the stadium, and, does their product get sold outside of Fanatics usual web sites?
    Cheers

I wish the Padres would sell outside of fanatics there would be more stock available. The bad thing with fanatics I don't think mlb gives them a lot of options like some other teams

Great White, would you expand on the topic?
    To me, it looks like they sell very little overall..But, if that is the case, where is it all going?
    Do the Pads sell anything direct? Does Fanatics run a stand at the stadium?
    The DBacks are another team that intrigues me...plenty of uniform styles through the years and plenty of players, yet, very little in secondary market..they keep direct prices elevated, and, auction some stuff..they also have mystery sales..but, inventory doesn't show up on eBay or auction houses..where does it go? Mets inventory on jerseys was back over 1 000 early in the year after they got everything from last year, and, started to get new stuff this year...

Fanatics does have kiosks at Petco, I saw them back in April
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

mlb supposedly doesn't give the padres a lot to sell compared to what i have seen in other stadiums. and yes fanatics runs the padres. i have yet to find any other source for padre items if there is one i definitely would love to get in contact with them

As of yesterday the auctions are back up. I was at the game last night and the kiosk is full. They appear to be completely back in business.
    Apparently the inventory story was true.

good to hear, flying in tonight to catch fri-sun, looking forward to checking some stuff out.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by 300X30 View Post
    As of yesterday the auctions are back up. I was at the game last night and the kiosk is full. They appear to be completely back in business.
    Apparently the inventory story was true.
    Thank you 300x30. and- , I stand corrected.

It's true, they are back up and running but asking about anything that's NOT upstairs is almost looked down upon. I asked about a players jersey who they routinely sell in the 4 figures. They said they had it and I told them on the spot if they could send one of the 5 guys they have working that area downstairs to grab it, I would buy it on the spot. They said they couldn't do that. Last season I watched one guy get 3 D'Arnaud jerseys and a bat brought up for him when he walked up to the kiosk and asked; granted he might have talked with someone earlier in the week and they had something set aside for him but try doing that now! For all I know it's probably someone on this board too! I asked who I could talk to about acquiring a couple items they've admitted to having (but don't have upstairs in the kiosk) and got another name of someone to contact but at this point I don't expect much. Does anyone have a good line of communication with anyone over there that was able to get a transaction taken care of on items that were not immediately in a kiosk showcase or rack?

There were Piazza logo balls used in last nights game. The list at the kiosk was 40 people long by the time I got over to it and prices started at $200. The likelihood that they were going to get 40 balls from the game was super slim but they said if I left my name and email they'd send me the list; that of course lead me to asking why I try to contact anyone I don't get a response back. The guy's answer; who wouldn't even look me in the eye by the way; was that their "inventory was down". Ok, we've heard that one for weeks now but is it really that impossible to hit the reply button or call me back with a simple "sorry but we're re-doing our inventory right now but we'll send you the new list as soon as it's ready. Thanks for your interest." It's basic customer service that this team just completely lacks. OK, I'm off the soap box now but it wasn't a total loss; I came home with a wad of cash in my pocket! How many of us can say that after a visit to Citi Field?!