Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What's happening with Mets game used outlets?

Thanks truvalue123. I complain about the Mets G/U situation, but then I visited Washington's MLB auction site recently and saw less than what the Mets were offering. Given that everything is hologramed these days what are they doing with their items?; or do some teams not care and use their jerseys etc everyday like the old days?

The Nats game used stuff is usually slim pickins. I think they unload a lot of stuff after the season with their fan fests and stuff.

I'm annoyed by the Mets situation too. Something serious has to be going on behind the scenes. Even if they were re-doing inventory....no way in the world that takes over 6 weeks.

They haven't reduced their staffing , though, for the games which would seem like it will be coming back..all very odd...

So obviously, this being a month later, they lied with the inventory story.

What I believe happens is most teams rely on people contacting them first through emails or phone calls to purchase a lot of their game used items. The rest of the items that don't sell right away or if the team believes an item can fetch a higher premium then goes to auction. I believe the stores are more for show trying to feed of the people who have that impulse buying disease at the games who are willing to pay for that special memory of that day.

Case in point, every day I follow the players I collect with either watching the game or following with my MLB at bat app. If I notice a Home Run ball that falls back on the field or lands in the bull pen, I email that team right away asking if they were able to authenticate it. Rarely do they not get back to me. Most of the time they will either say "sorry we were not able to get that one" or Yes we got it, we want this much for it". On 7/5 Paul Goldschmidt hit a Home run of the center field wall. I emailed the Diamond backs right after the game and then they sent me this email:

"Devin - We received the Goldschmidt homerun game-used baseball. This item retails for $. Please let us know before 3PM today if you would like to purchase. If we do not hear back from you, we will make this item available for sale to the next person on the waitlist". I called and I'm waiting for the ball to be shipped.

This happens to me a lot, especially with the Brewers, Blue Jays, Tigers , Rockies, Marlins and Nationals just to name a few. Not just with baseballs, but with Jerseys or bats too. I'm sure most of you on here have that trusted source to get those amazing items you display here on the site.

I would add the Mets to this list but they are so disorganized over there I'm surprised they sell anything at all. I emailed them numerous times with no reply to then go to a game (since I'm right there in Queens) and ask them what gives. I get the same crap ever time "we didn't receive an email from you" to them saying "we'll send you our inventory list out to you right away". It took another week to get that list for them to not reply to any of my emails. Not to mention when I go to a game and ask what they got from that nights game to only here "our computers are down" or "we won't know until tomorrow, email us". I've given up with them. I do know the only home run balls they can get must go back on the field. They are not allowed to grab balls in Citi Field that land by the apple or into the bullpens. Some teams like the Tigers can roam where ever they want it seams, while teams like the Marlins are not allowed to grab home runs in the shrub area. I remember seeing Harper hit one that landed in front of the first line of shrubs in right-center. They were not allowed to grab it, I was like "it's right there, I've been staring at it on t.v. for the past 4 innings, just go grab it"!!

carbonrosa, great info thank you. You know, I think the next thing to do is to contact mlb authenticators (they have a twitter page) and find out where do they hand over the stuff they hologram??...... Obviously the Mets are forced by MLB to sell game used stuff because if they wanted to sell this stuff they wouldn't do it with this type of indifference.

anyone know if the Mets got a special ball approved to use on 7/30?

I hope so...
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by lengthwise1 View Post
    anyone know if the Mets got a special ball approved to use on 7/30?

I hope so...
    I was told they wouldn't be doing another Piazza ball, but that doesn't mean much.

If I am putting my guess in on what is happing with the Mets memorabilia I will say they are deep into talks transitioning to being run by Fanatics Authentic. Just a guess though.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    I was told they wouldn't be doing another Piazza ball, but that doesn't mean much.

If I am putting my guess in on what is happing with the Mets memorabilia I will say they are deep into talks transitioning to being run by Fanatics Authentic. Just a guess though.
    That is exactly my thought as well. They dont even bother picking up their phones anymore...and email returns have been less and less frequent. Annoying.

Fanatics Stinks