Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: November 2016 Pickups

Joe Torre '71 MVP era Cardinals bat:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

With my Dad's very recent passing here, the hobby has been a welcome, small distraction for me.

Here is another bat I added from the 70's, a '76 Tony Perez Bicentennial bat with nice pine tar and Reds 580 Gift Shop tape dating to being pulled on Sept. 18th, 1976.

Picked up a nice 1983 Ozzie bat

Ben
    Sorry to hear about your dads passing. My wife has been extremely ill for the past 1.5 years and this hobby does sometimes create a needed distraction that keeps me going.

Hi Ben. So sorry to hear about your dad. My mom passed last year and it was/is tough. You realize there are very few "agenda free" people out there who care deeply for you, making it so tough when they go, particularly with life's constant milestones. My wife is expecting any day now, and it is hard sharing it without mom. Oh well. Such is life. We grow through pain. It populates us, we reflect and hopefully grow in character.
    Whoa!! This is more than I expected to write. Getting preachy....

Whoops. Sorry. Forgot to add great bats....as usual.

Banned

Unhappy Re: November 2016 Pickups

Ben:

My condolences on your father's passing. May God give you strength and courage at this difficult time.

On a different subject, that is one sweet Perez bat.

Dave Miedema

Never easy to deal with a parents passing, my condolences Ben. I Know when my father passed away I was happy to have shared my hobby with him and will always hold the memories near to my heart.

Not really a new pickup but just got it photomatched to a cool World series game. 2011 Molina game 3. Molina went 3/4 with two doubles and 4 RBI's

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    With my Dad's very recent passing here, the hobby has been a welcome, small distraction for me.

Here is another bat I added from the 70's, a '76 Tony Perez Bicentennial bat with nice pine tar and Reds 580 Gift Shop tape dating to being pulled on Sept. 18th, 1976.
    Hi Ben, I understand your loss and offer my prayers. I lost my Dad earlier this year to cancer as well. It was sudden and unexpected. Once I found out how bad he was, I went back east to see him. A couple weeks later he was gone.

He is the reason I love baseball so much to this day. In fact one of our last conversations was about how he made it to another Spring Training. We even discussed a couple games on the phone and those conversations are priceless to me now. He passed away a week before this season began.

Like you, I have taken some small solace in my GU collection more this year than ever in my life. It helped distract me and also think of him and how he felt about that particular player.