Re: July 2016 pickups

Recent Tigers pickups:

2014 Anibal Sanchez postseason hat
    2015 Steven Moya BP hat
    2004 Esteban Yan home jersey
    2004 Jeremy Bonderman home jersey
    2015 Matt Boyd BP hat
    2012 Avisail Garcia hat

Inscription on the Sanchez hat, including a still sticky substance on the bill.

Excited to add this one to the collection- 2015 Chase Utley GU Postseason jersey. This is the takeout slide jersey when he broke Tejada's leg and MLB came up with the Utley Rule. Can't wait to get it signed with a great inscription!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

It has been a while since I was able to post in pickups. Here are my pick ups for July. The baseballs on the left in cubes are all authenticated used baseballs from July. The baseball on the right in the cube is a Giancarlo Stanton Final Round Home Run (4th HR of the Final Round) I got in person during the Home Run Derby this year. The ones not in cubes were caught by me during All Star Week events BP.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Nice pickups Rusty! That game used Fort Bragg ball is very cool!

Ian Kinsler HR match. I'm certain he used this bat to hit a 1st inning HR the day before as well, but it was a brand new bat with no marks to match. I have matched it to subsequent AB's in that game. Thanks again to Rich for the photomatch!

Rare Stan Musial bat

Just acquired this rare Stan Musial contract-model bat from 1961. Most collectors know that Musial had a contract with H&B in the 1940s, but after 1950ish, nearly all of his bats had "MUSIAL MODEL" in block letters (or sometimes "MUSIAL STYLE"). However, there was one order of 12 bats in early 1961 that were made with his updated signature. That signature style eventually appeared on hundreds of replica bats, but only 12 gamers are known to have it. Can't find any distinctive seam imprints or ink transfer, but there are rack scrapes and other marks on the barrel that suggest possible light use. Regardless, just happy to have a Musial bat with this signature. Have only seen one other -- at the Louisville Slugger Museum (photo at bottom of post).

Amazing Musial bat! Would look great with my bats!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    Amazing Musial bat! Would look great with my bats!
    You're always welcome to visit it, but unless you come up with a Dizzy Dean bat to trade for it, it's not going anywhere.

Ryne stanek futures game 2016 jersey and locker nameplate

Re: Rare Stan Musial bat

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Just acquired this rare Stan Musial contract-model bat from 1961. Most collectors know that Musial had a contract with H&B in the 1940s, but after 1950ish, nearly all of his bats had "MUSIAL MODEL" in block letters (or sometimes "MUSIAL STYLE"). However, there was one order of 12 bats in early 1961 that were made with his updated signature. That signature style eventually appeared on hundreds of replica bats, but only 12 gamers are known to have it. Can't find any distinctive seam imprints or ink transfer, but there are rack scrapes and other marks on the barrel that suggest possible light use. Regardless, just happy to have a Musial bat with this signature. Have only seen one other -- at the Louisville Slugger Museum (photo at bottom of post).
    Great bat, Jeff! Do Dizzy Dean bats even exist?
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com