Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Emergence of Ticket Collecting

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer Madden View Post
    I've collected a few nice Buccaneers tickets. In addition to full tickets for all home games in their inaugural 1976 season I have...

Their first ever game. The HOF game in 1976

Their first ever win vs New Orleans in 1977.
    Madden, those are awesome tickets. It's funny though, when you posted their first game was in 1976 and their first win was in 1977, it made me think of two quotes by the legendary John McKay.

During that season I believe he was quoted as saying, "Well, we've determined that we can't win at home and we can't win on the road. What we need is a neutral site." Also, at the end of the season when asked about the execution of his team he answered, "I'm in favor of it."

Also, sandknit that 1919 World Series stub is awesome.
    Ousooner, I hope you are getting post season stubs this year for the Thunder.
    G1X, is there a favorite stub from all the events you attended?

Great stuff!

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

What I've also noticed is a ticket collecting is rather popular among player collectors. I collect Chris Herrmann and I have a ticket from all his major accomplishments such as mlb debut, 1st hit, 1st home run among others. It's cool to get them signed and inscribed to me and it's a cheap momento from an accomplishment in their career. That's why I love ticket collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Madden, those are awesome tickets. It's funny though, when you posted their first game was in 1976 and their first win was in 1977, it made me think of two quotes by the legendary John McKay.

During that season I believe he was quoted as saying, "Well, we've determined that we can't win at home and we can't win on the road. What we need is a neutral site." Also, at the end of the season when asked about the execution of his team he answered, "I'm in favor of it."

-Chris
    John Mckay was a master with words.

And while there not really tickets I have all my All Sports Passes for when I was a manager for the basketball team in college and the passes for a couple WAC and NCAA tournaments I worked. I should get those displayed somehow.

Chris, great thread. Been collecting tickets for about 20 years (full tickets, cut tickets, and signed tickets). My favorite ticket is this Syracuse Orangemen 1960 Cotton Bowl National Championship ticket, because I'm from Syracuse, it was their first and only national championship, and Ernie Davis played in this game. My second favorite is this 1996 Seattle Mariners ticket, because Alex Rodriguez hit his 1st Grand Slam of his career in this game, and I have that bat. I do collect tickets that are from games of my game used memorabilia.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by sandknit View Post
    Picked this up last fall. Only 1 of 4 known authenticated examples.

Very Cool Ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Chris, great thread. Been collecting tickets for about 20 years (full tickets, cut tickets, and signed tickets). My favorite ticket is this Syracuse Orangemen 1960 Cotton Bowl National Championship ticket, because I'm from Syracuse, it was their first and only national championship, and Ernie Davis played in this game.
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    My second favorite is this 1996 Seattle Mariners ticket, because Alex Rodriguez hit his 1st Grand Slam of his career in this game, and I have that bat. I do collect tickets that are from games of my game used memorabilia.
    That is a great idea Tony!

Does anyone else on the forum collect tickets from games that match their game used memorabilia?

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer Madden View Post
    And while there not really tickets I have all my All Sports Passes for when I was a manager for the basketball team in college and the passes for a couple WAC and NCAA tournaments I worked. I should get those displayed somehow.
    Agreed. That sounds like it would be really nice.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux4Ever View Post
    What I've also noticed is a ticket collecting is rather popular among player collectors. I collect Chris Herrmann and I have a ticket from all his major accomplishments such as mlb debut, 1st hit, 1st home run among others. It's cool to get them signed and inscribed to me and it's a cheap momento from an accomplishment in their career. That's why I love ticket collecting.
    That's another great idea! Wish I did that for a few of my favorite players.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

I have been collecting tics since I was a kid. Went to almost every home game of the Bucs in 1978.

Here are some of my tics! I have many more, too many to put in an album.
    I have tons of duplicates if anyone wants to trade!

Name:  tics1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  15.8 KB

Name:  tics2.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  tics3.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  60.1 KB

Name:  tics4.jpg
Size:  58.6 KB

My friends I made it in the St. Pete Times. This was Ricky Bell's final game.

Name:  tics5.jpg
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  tics6.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  47.5 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Name:  tics7.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  45.2 KB
    Dave Pear #76, above, he was a badass!
    Lee Roy Selmon, below, after the game signing autographs!

Name:  tics8.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  tics9.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  55.7 KB

Name:  tics10.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  46.0 KB
    It's me, on the floor w/ camera, at the Bayfront Center Arena in St. Pete!
    Name:  tics11.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  66.0 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...