Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Emergence of Ticket Collecting

I collect tickets from Cardinals big events (World Series, Record breaking games, last games, etc...).

I feel like it's actually easier now days to nicely display tickets thanks to companies like That's My Ticket, that make affordable frames to display the tickets in - like this one:

http://www.thatsmyticket.com/bstlpt67ws.html

I save all my tickets, that's why I hate online tickets. I want hard copy tickets.

I started collecting Willie Stargell HR ticket stubs awhile back. At first I was planning to try and collect all of his HR tickets but that seemed pretty daunting after awhile so I decided to concentrate on 1971, 1973, & 1979 plus other major milestone tix from his career. I hope to put together some displays of the Stargell HR stubs from those years since those were years he won HR titles and the MVP.

I also try to collect ticket stubs of other players from my hometown so it's been cool adding ticket stubs to complement my overall Alameda sports collection.

Ticket stub collecting seems pretty niche and personal. The thing about stubs is there were only a finite amount printed unlike trading cards and not many survived especially from a long time ago so they can be pretty rare as the prices for some of them attest.

Man, it's really nice to hear about people's experiences and opinions as well as about their collections. I hope others share as well.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

I've always enjoyed ticket collecting, whether it be significant games in Cal Ripken's career, or games in which he has homered...I also enjoy collecting tickets from historic Oriole games as well. As an example back in 1991, where four Oriole pitchers contributed to a No-Hitter in Oakland, after the I wrote the A's and they were kind enough to send me a full ticket to the game. Afterwards, I set out to obtain the autographs of all four hurlers on it & have fond memories of getting that done as well...This very well may be the only ticket signed by all

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I've always enjoyed ticket collecting, whether it be significant games in Cal Ripken's career, or games in which he has homered...I also enjoy collecting tickets from historic Oriole games as well. As an example back in 1991, where four Oriole pitchers contributed to a No-Hitter in Oakland, after the I wrote the A's and they were kind enough to send me a full ticket to the game. Afterwards, I set out to obtain the autographs of all four hurlers on it & have fond memories of getting that done as well...This very well may be the only ticket signed by all

That is very cool!

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

I've saved the ticket stubs from almost every event I've attended dating back to 1966. Mostly sporting events and rock concerts. It is fun to wade through the collection as it always brings back some fond memories.

In addition to the print-at-home tickets over the past few years curtailing my collection, my hometown team has also put a big damper on things. As a Nationals season ticket holder, they provide me with a permanent card (looks like a credit card) to get into the ballpark. Thank goodness they still print the post-season tickets. I have a couple of sets of "phantom" NL Championship and World Series ticket strips from 2012 and 2014.

Other than the events I've attended, I do not collect tickets, but I can definitely see the fun in collecting stubs from your favorite team, player, music group/performer, etc. And it doesn't take up much space!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

Picked this up last fall. Only 1 of 4 known authenticated examples.

I've collected a few nice Buccaneers tickets. In addition to full tickets for all home games in their inaugural 1976 season I have...

Their first ever game. The HOF game in 1976

Their first ever win vs New Orleans in 1977.

Their 1979 playoff games,

And of course the best of them all... a Super Bowl XXXVII.

As someone mentioned early, I have saved every ticket to every sporting event, concert, etc that I have attended. I've also picked significant ticket stubs from the past to use in framing.

I have to pay extra for my Oklahoma Sooners Football tickets to get hard copies, as well as Oklahoma City Thunder season tickets. Both are pushing cell phone scanned tickets.