Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Ticket Collectors/Experts in this Forum?

I just picked up a 1994 Seattle Mariners Ticket dated 14 July 1994, which was Alex Rodriguez's first home game with the Seattle Mariners. Ticket was signed at the game. This was the fourth game of his career. He played the first three games at Boston, then this game against the Yankees in Seattle.

I'm not a ticket collector, but I'm looking for any information on whether there is any signficance with this ticket because it was arod's first official game at Seattle. I'm sure if it was from the game when he got his first hit, or first home run, it definately would. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Any Ticket Collectors/Experts in this Forum?

WOW! Check this ticket out...$30,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4517&rd=1&rd=1

I would think that the majority of the value would be in the autograph and not so much in the "significance" of the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I would think that the majority of the value would be in the autograph and not so much in the "significance" of the ticket.
    Thanks!

In 1994 arod played in played in 17 games with 54 at-bats and had 11 hits with no Home Runs www.thebaseballcube.com doesn't have any box scores prior to 1997 . To a ticket collector if arod got his first hit in the game it would have some significance , but I have to agree the auto would be worth more.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    In 1994 arod played in played in 17 games with 54 at-bats and had 11 hits with no Home Runs www.thebaseballcube.com doesn't have any box scores prior to 1997 . To a ticket collector if arod got his first hit in the game it would have some significance , but I have to agree the auto would be worth more.
    1994 Box Scores: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/team...p?y=1994&t=SEA

For myself, as an avid arod collector, being this is the ticket from his 1ST HOME game with Seattle...4th game of his career...that he signed it on that day, and that they played the Yankees, makes it desireable for me to have it in my collection. Yes, I wish he hit his first HR that game...that would have been nice!

Thanks for the

still a nice piece and nice find, it was his first hit at home the third hit of his career. one thing about our hobby, there is no wrong way to collect(unless your buying fake stuff) , collect what you like and what makes you happy. was just trying to say his auto is probably worth more than the ticket, put them together and you have a nice piece of history !!!!! then again if you get a couple of bidders going crazy for the item , skies the limit......

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    still a nice piece and nice find, it was his first hit at home the third hit of his career. one thing about our hobby, there is no wrong way to collect(unless your buying fake stuff) , collect what you like and what makes you happy. was just trying to say his auto is probably worth more than the ticket, put them together and you have a nice piece of history !!!!! then again if you get a couple of bidders going crazy for the item , skies the limit......
    Well said! I've sold things on ebay that I didn't think I would get more than $50, yet sold for $200+. That's what's fun about collecting.

Great responses...thanks!

I collect just about anything unique in sports which includes tickets. At the time, I thought my collection of McGwire ticket stubs and Barry Bonds tickets stubs from their Record HR games was a big deal---now they sit in a cabinet.

I have a full collection of Super Bowl tix which is nice.

The best ticket resource is Dennis Jose of Chicago. http://www.chicagotix.com/ He even grades tickets. I used him to fill in my collections.

Andrew

Lenny Steren (Mookie's tickets) is a great resource also. Very friendly & knowledgeable.

A little more about him:http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...et-master.html